Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Matchbox Twenty - Oct 7th 2017 in Moline, IL.
    Wow, WF88! I saw them in late July because they postponed a date, due to issues with loading the equipment. I didn't know that you were a fan of them.

I bought tickets to see Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie on October 14 in San Jose. I got sec 101 (right side if looking at stage), row E (5th row) with seats at the furthest right on that row (seats 8-10). I hope the viewing angle isn't as extreme when we get there. I'm not sure if I'd be able to see Neale.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

5th row! Lucky duck

I'm tempted to go see Chicago again in October. Hopefully someone can talk me down in time.

Thanks NMB! I can't wait to see them! Hope you have a great time at your show too!

Does Tom Petty have an opening act? I got here a little after 7 pm, since I'm seeing him and the Heartbreakers above the Greek Theatre in the parking lot. Tickets were all gone and I don't want to pay a scalper. It's more of I'm listening to them. I honestly would do it legit, if tickets were available on Ticketmaster. Like, do scalpers try to charge more than face at the door?

UPDATE: Disregard the previous paragraph. I bought a ticket through the StubHub app. This is a nice way to end summer before classes start tomorrow. Also, it's more full than the Henley concert here a year ago.

EDIT 2: Does Tom Petty have YouTube copyright police or is he lax like Fleetwood Mac?
    Last edited by RudieCantFail; 08-22-2017 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    Wow, WF88! I saw them in late July because they postponed a date, due to issues with loading the equipment. I didn't know that you were a fan of them.
    Yep. I'm mostly known as a classic rock/modern country guy but I love alternative rock. And when I say alternative rock I mean Matchbox Twenty, Train, Third Eye Blind, etc. Not necessarily Soundgarden or Nirvana. I like the soft rock sounding stuff.

Matt Nathanson is opening for them on this tour and I'm excited. I heard of him through his remake of the James song "Laid", which was the theme song for American Pie movies. He's known to do some classic rock (AC/DC, etc) covers too, which is very exciting.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    Thanks NMB! I can't wait to see them! Hope you have a great time at your show too!

Does Tom Petty have an opening act? I got here a little after 7 pm, since I'm seeing him and the Heartbreakers above the Greek Theatre in the parking lot. Tickets were all gone and I don't want to pay a scalper. It's more of I'm listening to them. I honestly would do it legit, if tickets were available on Ticketmaster. Like, do scalpers try to charge more than face at the door?

UPDATE: Disregard the previous paragraph. I bought a ticket through the StubHub app. This is a nice way to end summer before classes start tomorrow. Also, it's more full than the Henley concert here a year ago.

EDIT 2: Does Tom Petty have YouTube copyright police or is he lax like Fleetwood Mac?
    Wow Rudie, did you travel all the way down to L.A. to see that show? I'm glad you got a ticket. That's true fandom that you'd be happy just to listen from the parking lot.

I'd love to see a show at the Greek and especially the Hollywood Bowl someday. And The Forum and .... there are so many legendary venues in SoCal.

WF88, that's cool that Matt Nathanson is opening for them. Kyle Cook's side project/band, Rivers and Rust was the opening act when I saw them recently. I unfortunately didn't care too much about it, since I'm not a big country fan.

NMB, no, I saw it at Berkeley's Hearst Greek Theatre. He's playing 3 shows over here. He's playing tonight (the 23rd) and Sunday, the 27th. It got lonely in the parking lot, since Berkeley isn't a good area. If more students showed up, then it would have been better and more safe. I think I would have been able to enjoy it from watching the video screens. My ticket's view was obstructed by speakers, if I wanted to watch the video screens. I could see the band good enough though, so that's the point.

How are your eyes? Not seeing spots or anything? I got a little concerned reading about you viewing the eclipse with a colander and a cheese grater I don't think that was NASA recommended.

NMB, I just looked at the shadow on the ground. The holes from the colander and grater are normally circular, but they were crescent-shaped during the eclipse. If I have time, I'll post a picture on the Eclipse thread.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Very excited that I was lucky enough to get Springsteen On Broadway tickets for January. Certainly not something that happens everyday. Otherwise, not much else besides seeing Jim Jefferies for the 20th time the end of the month. If I keep it up, I will have seen him as many or more times than Bon Jovi (25) !! Lol !!

Stuck on the Border

WW - You got the tickets !!!!!!!!!! I am so but happy for you ! I am still trying to get tickets. Have a wonder time. I just saw he extended his time on Broadway. I heard people are selling them for as much as $5k-10k for the best seating. Very cool !