View Poll Results: Do you support a new album by the Eagles + Guests?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. If the band is inspired to create new music, I would like to hear and/or buy it.

11 31.43%
  • No. The Eagles' last studio album was in 2007. Nothing they do now can measure up to past releases.

12 34.29%
  • It depends on if and how the "Eagles" name is used.

3 8.57%
  • Only if previously unreleased/newly discovered Glenn music is included.

5 14.29%
  • I don't know/not sure.

4 11.43%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Do you support a new album by Eagles + Guests?

Default Re: Poll: Do you support a new album by Eagles + Guests?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I have not seen any suggestion that they would go so far as to make an album. It took them long enough to make the last one. I will say this though. If such a thing were to occur it would need to be with new material. Re-recording old songs would shred the last vestiges of their credibility. Let us hope for their sakes they don't even consider such a thing.

But then I didn't think they would attempt to continue playing live, either.
    Me personally, I think from now on when it comes to Eagles news, I'll take it as it comes and not a minute before. I really believe it's a matter of when it happens it happens and nothing is off the table, just from what I've seen. I've seen Henley talk about new video of the band on the HOTE tour, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I'd really love some new videos from the band, stuff from the vault.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I have not seen any suggestion that they would go so far as to make an album. It took them long enough to make the last one. I will say this though. If such a thing were to occur it would need to be with new material. Re-recording old songs would shred the last vestiges of their credibility. Let us hope for their sakes they don't even consider such a thing.

But then I didn't think they would attempt to continue playing live, either.
    Recently I've noticed rumblings/wishful thinking by fans about the band cutting a new album - nothing from the Eagles themselves.

Personally I agree if they were to make an album it would need to be with new material which seems like an awfully tall order this late in the day. And yet re-recording old songs packaged as an Eagles Family and Friends kinda thing could cast a dark shadow ... or maybe not ... perhaps Eagles ReImagined is where all this is going. Whatever the answer, I voted no.

Stuck on the Border

I went with the "don't know" option because I would want to defer my decision until I knew what was on offer.

If they have unreleased songs that could be packaged up, I might be interested. I'd like to hear any version of "When a bad boy meets a bad girl in the night" and if means bringing in a guest to sing it, that's ok.

I'm not a big Henley fan these days. While I loved his voice in the 70s and still love most of those recordings, the current Henley vocals don't work for me. I'd rather he worked on solo releases than release the same under the "Eagles" name.

Bringing in guests to cover the same old Eagles songs doesn't appeal either.

Stuck on the Border

Nah, IMO there's no reason for an album. Deacon and Vince are there to "help" with live performances. It doesn't mean either one of them will naturally become "an Eagle" in the studio. I wouldn't have much interest even if they used some unreleased Glenn stuff, because it wouldn't necessarily be great stuff. (Music often remains unreleased for a reason.) Even though I'm a Glenn fan, I don't want to hear anything by him only because it's him.

I couldn't vote, because there was no suitable option for me. "No. The Eagles' last studio album was in 2007. Nothing they do now can measure up to past releases." is the closest, but I can't say beforehand that they can't make an album as good as the previous ones, can I? It just wouldn't be the Eagles for me. Hmm...perhaps I should vote "depends on if and how the "Eagles" name is used". I still wouldn't actually support it, but it would be ok with me.
    Last edited by chaim; 08-22-2017 at 05:56 AM.

Banned

I'd love a new Eagles album. I can find many flaws with Long Road Out Of Eden but I'm delighted that they made it.

I'll buy anything with Walsh on it. I wish I had 100 Walsh LPs in my collection. I thought Henley and Schmit's most recent albums were right up there with their best. I'm sure I'd enjoy anything they put together as a collective.

Deacon's an unknown quantity but he seemed to be excellent in the live performances I've viewed. I don't think I'll ever be a fan of Vince Gill's music.

I don't want the Eagles to fizzle out as a premium retro music act, which is what was happening even before Glenn died. I want them to be better than that.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I would be interested in unreleased songs by any of the originals that has been 'found'.

I would be interested in any new music by Deacon, maybe.

Not interested in anything else by this 'group'.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Whatever makes them happy, that's cool.

Border Desperado

Do you think they'd do a Live Album? If they really wanted to re-record the classics, I think this is how they'd do it, to try to assuage the anger, by saying this is the current group, doing a current live album, not replacing what's been recorded in a studio.

BTW, I voted for yes to a new album, but only with new material.
    I would like to see how they'd do. Wouldn't be the same, but could still be good.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'd love a new Eagles album. I can find many flaws with Long Road Out Of Eden but I'm delighted that they made it.

I'll buy anything with Walsh on it. I wish I had 100 Walsh LPs in my collection. I thought Henley and Schmit's most recent albums were right up there with their best. I'm sure I'd enjoy anything they put together as a collective.

Deacon's an unknown quantity but he seemed to be excellent in the live performances I've viewed. I don't think I'll ever be a fan of Vince Gill's music.

I don't want the Eagles to fizzle out as a premium retro music act, which is what was happening even before Glenn died. I want them to be better than that.
    Not that there is any point in responding to this, but they CAN'T be 'better' any more. In my opinion.

Even if they did make an album it would probably suffer the same cruel fate as LROOE did live.

As for a live album, it certainly would not assuage my anger. On the contrary, I would feel even more betrayed, if that were possible. You may as well ask them to release a live DVD of this lineup, which is more likely. Would I even think of buying that? No. The only thing I would have bought would have been a Concert for George type tribute, which didn't happen. So forget it.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I would not have any interest in a new album by the current line up - Deacon will eventually break away and start developing his own musical brand. I suppose Vince Gill will stay as long as he's needed but to me he will never be a true 'Eagle'.

I WOULD like to see a DVD of the HOTE shows and I would definitely buy that.
    I would also love to have seen some sort of posthumous release of Glenn s material. I do believe that he had some substantial work done towards a new album and I'm sorry that those that could control such things did not consider this important enough. Both Bowie and Prince have had tribute releases and I feel Glenn has once again been overlooked. Even if it was incomplete or was augmented with previous releases or perhaps photos it would have been nice and his fans would have appreciated it.
    But I would prefer that this was an album dedicated to just Glenn rather than just him being stuck into a general album. Surely he deserves that much?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP