Page 137 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

No disapproval, but I do appreciate the dismissal. I was illustrating that many have misrepresented their own statements and actions in an effort to discredit the opposing views.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    No disapproval, but I do appreciate the dismissal. I was illustrating that many have misrepresented their own statements and actions in an effort to discredit the opposing views.
    You do not disapprove? I did indeed misunderstand you, but I will not be so ungenerous as to accuse you of deliberately misrepresenting your own statement.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Brief thoughts: When I hear the local rock radio station advertising tickets for Vince Gill and his backing band, it guts me. In 2013, it was my dream to see the Eagles in concert, to the point of considering car trips to Louisville, KY, and/or Birmingham, AL, to pursue this. When the band announced their Atlanta, GA, concert, I was amped. However, lots of things fell through in the lead-up and I was unable to go. Was not aware of their Greenville, SC, outing in 2015—Lots going on at that time. It remains one of life's biggest regrets that I missed out on seeing them in concert, and it also makes me mourn the wasted years of my life that much more. I will not be rectifying this with the purchase of the advertised tickets. Only finding a date would have compelled me to justify the expense of seeing the Moody Blues on their last run through the state, and I'd rather mutilate myself than see Vinny, Don, and the guys at this point.

I'll end by saying Freypower isn't the only one who was cooling on the Eagles around the time Glenn Frey died. One cold January afternoon last year, I was cleaning out my car's CD pouch, and I made the determination that my Eagles discs were no longer representative of my musical interests. Bands like ELP and REM were on the ascendant, and with the advent of a new year, it was time to do some house-cleaning and re-appraising. Less than an hour later, as I was doing an afternoon walk, I got the news of Frey's death via text...

That's my say on the matter. I'll write more about the band for my own web page.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border

I agree that the animosity is too much. We all have a lot more in common than our differences and there is room for all of us.

Just one note. Sodascouts created her website and has put a huge amount of effort into making it one of the best resources for Eagles fans but if she no wish to cover the band after 2016, then that is her choice and she does not deserve to be criticised for it. If someone wants a fan site that continues after 2016, then there is nothing to stop him/her setting one up.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    If someone wants a fan site that continues after 2016, then there is nothing to stop him/her setting one up.
    This.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting anyone had to leave just that if they wanted something different, they could do it themselves. There's no reason why they can't have both. Besides, the forum still provides a place where people can discuss the future, even if Soda's main website stops in 2016.

Granted I haven't been here very long but since I joined I have found Soda to be a very knowlegeable, gracious, fair and thoughtful host. She has created a fantastic website that has required considerable time, energy and resources to maintain for the benefit of fans and many others.

Second, by their very nature online discussion boards are especially demanding and Soda is blessed to have a team of excellent moderators who it should be acknowledged also dedicate their time, energy and resources to help keep things running smoothly - again- for the benefit of fans and many others.

My personal feeling is if one feels they are not benefiting from this website and discussion board they may want to consider alternatives as suggested e.g. start one of their own or find another one that better meets their expectations and demands. Keep it real .. attack the message not the messenger ... it's all good.

Stuck on the Border

Dawn - Amen.

Redstorm - I am sorry wasn't trying to kick a dead horse just making a general statement. I understand where you are coming from but you are not alone in your love of the Eagles. We are all fans even if we disagree on certain topics or issues. I hope you will stick around!

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    You are too kind but I'm afraid that I must take my leave. There is no enjoyment here for me anymore. How does one go about deleting an account and its corresponding posts?
    You would have to PM Soda. I'm not sure if the other mods (besides Soda the admin) have that ability, so PMing Soda would be a good place to start. I'm not sure if it can be done though.

Sorry to see you go, it's unfortunate that you feel the need to leave because of this thread when there are 100s if not 1000s of others with good information and dicussion and pictures and videos. That said, you must do what makes you happy.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 08-22-2017 at 06:28 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."