Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nutter Center, Dayton, OH - July 22, 2015

Border Desperado

Default Re: Nutter Center, Dayton, OH - July 22, 2015

I was there last night. The show was great and their voices were fantastic. We did not sing Happy Birthday but someone in the crowd hollered it and everyone yelled and clapped. Don just nodded and no one mentioned it again. I just got home and will work on my review later tonight. This includes something very special that happened for me. Sorry to keep you hanging but I it will be worth it. Check in tomorrow.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well glad the crowd recognized Don's birthday.

And all I can say is that the suspense is killing me. Hurry back, Cheryl!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Its Friday 24th here.....
    Cheryl please let us know!

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

This concert was simply amazing. I got home late last night so this the first time I've had access to a computer. Anyways, the stage lights stopped working during the concert and only one spotlight worked. While waiting for the lights to come on, Joe and Glenn had a guitar battle. It was freakin awesome! And in the beginning of the concert everybody started screaming happy birthday to Don. It was the best concert ever!
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Border Desperado

Ok. I have got my notes together, but I won't have time to put on here until later tonight. Had to have my garage door taken care of and then have to leave around 5pm. Going with my neighbor to dance some rock n roll to our friends local band. I promise to post my thoughts. I have written a lot. Sorry for the wait. Some things you can't control.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cheryl, that's ok! We will be waiting whenever you can get time!

Have fun tonight!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

Since my sister lives in Dayton, she and her husband dropped me off and they went to a movie nearby and came back later to pick me up after the concert. I purchased a face value seat and this is the farthest I have ever sat from the stage. There is only one level. My seat was 2nd row from the floor and 35 rows from the only concourse and on the opposite end from the stage. Before each set they ran a promo on the screens for Don's album but the sound was to low to really hear anything. * At 8:15 Don and Glenn came out and did the fist bump and sat down. The arena was packed and ready. I think a lot of people did not know the 1st 2 songs. I think it was after singing "Saturday Night" that someone yelled Happy Birthday to Don. Everyone clapped and Don nodded and that was it; no singing and that was it. (side note: since it was his birthday I decided to wear my Henley shirt from the 2009 concert at the Rosemont in Chicago.) * They did the same jokes. Plaintiff, Bernie's shirt, Detroit "Mother". There was one moment I thought was funny; when Glenn mentioned growing up in Detroit Michigan there were a lot of boos. I am pretty it has to do with Ohio State fans hating Michigan fans. I am sure Glenn knew what is was about. * They arena really responded when they got to "Peaceful Easy Feeling and Witchy Woman". From then on the crowd was awesome. * During the 1st set almost no one stood up or danced. I wanted to for Witchy Woman and "One of These Nights", my favorite, but didn't want to be the only one. * Intermission was after "Take It To The Limit". * During the intermission is where a great surprise happened for me. During the break most of the people around me got up and left. I decided to stay in my seat. This turned out to be right decision. A few minutes just before the 2nd set was to start, a lady usher working the floor area in front of me came up and asked if I was by myself. I said I was. At that point she said "come with me". A lady had to leave and wanted someone else to use her seat on the floor and gave the usher her ticket. So I picked up my stuff and followed her. She went to the center aisle on the floor and headed toward the stage. She said here you are. I said this seat? She said yes, enjoy. IT WAS ROW 4 DEAD CENTER. Needless to say, I was in heaven for the rest of the night. When Glenn walked out to the mic, it is hard to describe my feelings. When Don came out to sing "Those Shoes" I was saying oh, oh my , wow. Way after the show I looked at the stub and it says the price was $697.00. So this was my surprise. The usher said maybe somewhere down the road I can pay it forward. * When they came out for the 2nd set and started with Joe everyone went crazy. Somewhere in this segment Glenn said they really appreciated the audience listening to their stories in the 1st set and not talking over them. ( When I saw them in Columbus in 2014 there were a lot of rude people yelling when the guys were talking on stage; 8 sat right in front of me so I love that these people came to enjoy the concert.) * Timothy's songs were great. However, he seemed a little tired tonight. * Glenn said something like cut loose and rock. I think I was on my feet for the rest of the night. As stated previous on this sight there was a glitch in the lights during Joe's songs. I loved Glenn and Joe and their guitar bit. You could tell they were having fun. I loved watching their faces while playing. Joe still knows how to get the audience going; they love him. * When Don comes out to do "The Long Run" he tells the recording in Miami story again. Don nailed it again with the high notes. * I always love "Funk #49. * For "Life in the Fast Lane" Don came down to the mic to sing which made me happy. * Then came "Hotel California". I never get tired of hearing or seeing it live. To see the looks on the guys faces as they sing it is priceless. * In the past shows I have been to people start to leave when they start singing "Take It Easy" but this time that didn't happen. Everyone wanted to sing along. Rocky Mountain Way was great and Desperado fantastic as always. * I had my camera ready to record them waving to the crowd. Don gave an young boy his drum sticks and others were tossing guitar picks. None, however got past row 1. I didn't notice anybody using a camera. I heard ushers talking as I entered the arena that if they had to tell someone to stop more than twice then if take the camera next time. * After thanking the usher again, it was time to leave. When I got to the car I thanked my sister for not going with me this time and then explained why. ** This night turned into a concert I will never forget. ** I hope this review was worth the wait. Just can't say enough about how great everyone sounded tonight ** Thanks for waiting.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the long report. It's quite something to be upgraded to such a good seat. Kudos to the lady who had to leave early for thinking that someone should benefit from her misfortune.

Wonderful review, Cheryl, and as always I'm thrilled when a fellow fan has a great time. And what a bonus that you were in the right place at the right time and got yourself a free upgrade to ROW 4! Now THAT is what I call 'paying it forward'. God Bless the wonderful person who was so generous...and the usher who singled you out!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Awesome story Cheryl! Glad you got to put that empty seat to good use!