Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA - 7/13/15

Default Re: Eagles at John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA - 7/13/15

I'm afraid we'll have to beg your patience a while longer - we're worn out tonight!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - now that I've seen Soda and Houston Baby back to Texas, I've had a few minutes to do some catching up here. First of all though, it was such fun spending some time together with them again and we had a wonderful few days. We got in a bunch of sightseeing and were going almost non-stop for their entire visit. Heck - I must have put almost a thousand miles on my car, but not a problem since I enjoy driving. Most importantly, us girls had a great time and were entertained, ya know.

Now, enough about us cause what's really the most important is the show on Monday night. It was, of course, brilliant. The crowd was really into the show from the beginning and never let up the entire night. And neither did the band. They were really on, and, as VA said in another thread, made what must be a grueling and exhausting three hours seem totally effortless.

I love the part Don has added to the "Bud" story at the beginning about how Bud would drink beer and tell them how good they sounded and Glenn chimes in "drink up ladies and gentlemen". Soda mentioned that they weren't quite as talkative - Don didn't say anything much at all before The Long Run where he usually comments about the song being recorded in Miami (or at least, that's what he's told) and how they were told they wouldn't last. I missed hearing that. Glenn didn't do the part about how the Beach Boys were pioneers and the Eagles were just settlers before Heartache Tonight. I didn't miss that though cause I personally respectfully disagree with that line. Anyway, those were the only two noticeable changes from the Austin show to me.

We had met a really nice family at the VIP reception - a mom, dad, and their preteen son. Mom and son had bought the tickets as a Father's Day gift for Dad. I was kidding around a lot with the young kid and telling him how lucky he was to be there and if he managed to get anything from the band that I was going to take him down and wrestle them away from him. They were lots of fun to chat with and the son has been to lots of concerts and passionately loves music. Anyway, at the end of the show, I saw Don go over and get a set of drumsticks and I was hoping they were for him. Sure enough, they were - Don walked to the foot of the stage and motioned for him to come get them. Everyone around in our section gave a big round of applause. You could just see the kid beaming. As we were leaving, I teased him again and pretended like I was going to keep my earlier promise to take him down. We all chatted some more before we departed and it was so awesome seeing how happy Don had made that kid. These are the kinds of things you just love to see.

I don't even know how many HotE shows I've seen now, but I still am nowhere near ready for it to end. It really is bittersweet watching the show and thinking this incredible tour may be soon coming to an end. I just keep clinging to the hope that they may rethink this after a break.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Thanks for the review, Dreamer!

I forgot to mention this, I saw a tweet after this concert from one young fan to Naill Horan (One Direction) that they were at the Eagles concert, and that the Eagles played for over three hours. Then she asked him why he didn't do that. Not sure why I found that highly amusing.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Thanks for the review, Dreamer!

I forgot to mention this, I saw a tweet after this concert from one young fan to Naill Horan (One Direction) that they were at the Eagles concert, and that the Eagles played for over three hours. Then she asked him why he didn't do that. Not sure why I found that highly amusing.
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Eagles can play longer than guys less than 1/3 or their age? Lol

I enjoyed reading your review, Dreamer. Sounds like ya'll had a blast and then some!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

It was a delight staying with you Dreamer - thanks for being our hostess!

I want to add the that Charlottesville crowd was the best one I have been a part of at an Eagles show in a long time. They were INTO IT.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for your review, dreamer! Cute story about the kid and the drumsticks!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

What a sweet review dreamer! I'd have loved to have been there but it wasn't to be. I'm delighted that you had a great time once again. Are the VIP gifts still the same as we got last year?

I must say I can relate to how that kid felt having been on the receiving end of some drumsticks from Scott Crago last year.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Are the VIP gifts still the same as we got last year?
    GA - the gifts are different including the EAGLES bag that we received. The canvas bag has leather (or leather like handles) with the EAGLES name in a pretty blue/turqoise. There is also a leather key ring, a journal/notebook, a pen and pencil set in a tin, and a leather wallet/card holder. This is what I can remember at the moment. The front row also received a black hoodie.

The gifts are very nice this time. We were all very pleased.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds nice!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten