Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite MOMENTS In Songs??

Default Re: Your Favorite MOMENTS In Songs??

Great idea for a topic, MSF! Here are a few of my favorites:

- The intro of OOTN. Randy's bass lines coupled with Don F.'s searing chords make for an exhilarating start.

- The intro of LITFL. Joe's exercise in coordination goes down as one of the most unmistakeable guitar riffs in rock.

- The intro of TEOTI. Bruce Hornsby's piano virtuosity made this song into a beautiful piece of art.

- The horn section at the end of SG. Along with the synthesizers, the horns just kick that long ending up a few notches.

- John Entwistle's bass lines in "Who Are You." He was to the bass like Keith Moon was to the drums.

- Roger Daltrey's epic screams in "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Love Reign O'er Me." No one can belt like that rock 'n roll Titan.

- The intro of the Bee Gees' "Jive Talkin'." Rumored to have mimicked the sound of driving across a bridge, it moves the body to the rhythm.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Great idea for a topic, MSF! Here are a few of my favorites:

- The intro of OOTN. Randy's bass lines coupled with Don F.'s searing chords make for an exhilarating start.

- The intro of LITFL. Joe's exercise in coordination goes down as one of the most unmistakeable guitar riffs in rock.

- The intro of TEOTI. Bruce Hornsby's piano virtuosity made this song into a beautiful piece of art.

- The horn section at the end of SG. Along with the synthesizers, the horns just kick that long ending up a few notches.

- John Entwistle's bass lines in "Who Are You." He was to the bass like Keith Moon was to the drums.

- Roger Daltrey's epic screams in "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Love Reign O'er Me." No one can belt like that rock 'n roll Titan.

- The intro of the Bee Gees' "Jive Talkin'." Rumored to have mimicked the sound of driving across a bridge, it moves the body to the rhythm.
    Thank you, I thought you guys would like it.. I hope people post things they love, each thread is a whole new dimension, and I always love reading, even if I can't contribute.

Don't you mean Felder's bass line on OOTN?

What's "SG"? (I'm not very good at acronyms, sorry!)

I also LOVE that scream.. Roger can sing so softly, too (Behind Blue Eyes).. That song along has such a wide spectrum of emotion.

Bee Gees - Nights On Broadway - I absolutely melt when I hear the part "I will wait, even if it takes forever. I will way-eee-ate..... Even if it takes a lifetime, takes a lifetimeeeeeee!"

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

a day in the life YES. lol

four thousand holes in Blackburn Lancashire. There's The Guess Who with American Woman, the beginning of that. its got that blues kick. Hendrix, Are You Experienced? the beginning of that. So many moments man.Zeppelin... Fool In The Rain where that whistle comes in I'm automatically salsa dancing LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    Thank you, I thought you guys would like it.. I hope people post things they love, each thread is a whole new dimension, and I always love reading, even if I can't contribute.

Don't you mean Felder's bass line on OOTN?

What's "SG"? (I'm not very good at acronyms, sorry!)

I also LOVE that scream.. Roger can sing so softly, too (Behind Blue Eyes).. That song along has such a wide spectrum of emotion.

Bee Gees - Nights On Broadway - I absolutely melt when I hear the part "I will wait, even if it takes forever. I will way-eee-ate..... Even if it takes a lifetime, takes a lifetimeeeeeee!"
    SG is "Sunset Grill." And, agree about "Behind Blue Eyes." Love Roger's vocal range - soft to hard and back again. I'm a Who fan.

Also, Barry Gibb's whispered vocals on "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart." Major sigh!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    a day in the life YES. lol

four thousand holes in Blackburn Lancashire. There's The Guess Who with American Woman, the beginning of that. its got that blues kick. Hendrix, Are You Experienced? the beginning of that. So many moments man.Zeppelin... Fool In The Rain where that whistle comes in I'm automatically salsa dancing LOL
    Both songs by Lennon, but his rap is amazing.. On the song you mentioned "Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall (Hall has beautiful falsetto), as well as "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" during the verses.. That's REAL rap. Real instruments, real singing, real heart, real writing.

The vocals on King of Hollywood, it's a perfect match.. Glenn sings the high parts, Don sings the low parts. Fits. The solos are amazing, especially Glenn and Felder's.

Smile Re: Your Favorite MOMENTS In Songs??

Both songs by Lennon, but his rap is amazing.. On the song you mentioned "Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall (Hall has beautiful falsetto), as well as "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" during the verses.. That's REAL rap. Real instruments, real singing, real heart, real writing.

The vocals on King of Hollywood, it's a perfect match.. Glenn sings the high parts, Don sings the low parts. Fits. The solos are amazing, especially Glenn and Felder's.
    Happiness Is A Warm Gun is my jam.

"She's well acquainted with the touch of a velvet hand like a lizard on the window pane" i've read so many stories behind this song lol I am a massive beatles fan there are so many moments. If you have not heard the anthology series you should... it was released on Spotify and my favorite outtake is definitely Helter Skelter. it's raw and dirty the awesomeness of Mc Cartney

The slower version of Helter Skelter, right? I like it a little more myself.

The slower version of Helter Skelter, right? I like it a little more myself.
    yes that one. love it

Stuck on the Border

The chorus of Nights On Broadway... 'singing them love songs/singing them straight to the heart songs... singing them sweet sounds/to that crazy crazy town'. The most basic they ever got.

The last chorus of Africa by Toto & the way it just swells up:

'Gonna take a lot to take me away from you (DAH DAH DAH DAH...)
    There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
    I bless the rains down in Africa'....

The acoustic guitar opening of Peter Gabriel's Solsbury HIll
    The keyboard riff opening of Genesis' That's All
    The guitar riff of Genesis' I Can't Dance
    Anything in the entire Beatles catalogue.

The clavinet in Superstition & Trampled Underfoot.

Bee Gees! lol

the beginning of Lonely Days....