Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Eagles Self-Titled LP Survivor

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Eagles Self-Titled LP Survivor

The last three were a bit hard to choose from, but I finally came up with a ranking.

10. Tryin'
    9. Most of Us are Sad
    8.Train Leaves Here This Morning
    7. Earlybird
    6. Chug All Night
    5. Take the Devil
    4. Nightingale
    3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    2. Witchy Woman
    1. Take It Easy
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

How long until the next Survivor game?

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Congratulations to Take It Easy! It was my top choice and I'm delighted that it went the distance.

My ranking of the songs:
    1. Take It Easy
    2. Witchy Woman
    3. Take The Devil
    4. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    5. Train Leaves Here This Morning
    6. Earlybird
    7. Chug All Night
    8. Most Of Us Are Sad
    9. Tryin'
    10. Nightingale

Overall, I think this is a very good album (not their absolute best, but still a strong record). Take It Easy is the standout for me and is one of my very favourite songs of all time by anyone, although I really love all of my top five. The other two hits, Take The Devil and TLHTM also rate very highly with me. I like almost all of the others, and there aren't any songs I dislike. I can take or leave Nightingale, but I still find it reasonably enjoyable, and I don't skip songs when listening to the album.

AT, I don't think the survivor games are done in chronological order - I believe the board is in the 'third cycle' of survivor games and we've already done three of the seven studio albums - the One Of These Nights survivor was played last summer and Long Road Out Of Eden last autumn. This leaves four other studio albums, although judging by past survivor games there are plenty of other possibilities available too. Personally, my preference would be to do On The Border survivor next (I think that would be really interesting from start to finish). However, I would absolutely love to play an albums survivor at some point too - I came across the previous version of that recently and that would really appeal to me.

Stuck on the Border

1. Take It Easy
    2. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    3. Witchy Woman
    4. Chug All Night
    5. Train Leaves Here This Morning
    6. Take The Devil
    7. Most Of Us Are Sad
    8. Nightingale
    9. Tryin'
    10. Earlybird

@JCL - On the Border Survivor game would work fine for me. Could we run it together, rather than relying on others? I sometimes get submerged in 'stuff', and hence am concerned about my reliability in running such a game solely by myself. But, if there were two of us doing it, one of us could step in if the other is otherwise engaged.

If we started the game and nobody voted because we don't have the pulling power of Brooke/Sodascouts, then we could struggle through and not do it again.

AT, I'm interested in discussing this further so I've sent you a PM summarising my thoughts. Hope this helps!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Soda and I haven't decided what the next Survivor game is, although it could possibly be The Long Run since it's anniversary is coming up in September. JCL and AT, because of the complexity of the rules and the administrative duties involved, our Survivor games are only run by the board administrator and a designated moderator. As a general rule, we try to have games at 2 - 3 month intervals.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Soda and I haven't decided what the next Survivor game is, although it could possibly be The Long Run since it's anniversary is coming up in September. JCL and AT, because of the complexity of the rules and the administrative duties involved, our Survivor games are only run by the board administrator and a designated moderator. As a general rule, we try to have games at 2 - 3 month intervals.
    We're discussing the possibility of a new type of game, sufficiently different from the survivor game. Would that be a problem/unadvisable?

The Long Run would be a good choice. My first vote will be a very easy choice.

I'd certainly be happy to play The Long Run as the next survivor.

I can confirm that what AT just said is true, we are looking into something different now. Can't really say anything more at this stage though.