Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD

Default Re: Favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD

Yeah it is Troub!

I love it that Joe is singing (playbacking with a crazy face) at All She Wants To Do Is Dance.
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Reviving this ancient thread because the Farewell 1 video was aired this week on NBC in 2005. This was right when I was becoming a hardcore fan, but I missed it when it first aired. Wow, has it really been six years?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I've only had my copy for 18 months when I re found the Eagles and became hooked all over again only about 5 times as hard. It gets regular viewing time in my house when the others are at work or school. Ahhh just me and the guys.
    Melanie

Great DVD!

I have to say my favorite "moments" from the DVD are Joe and his antics. When he walks right up to the camera during "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" puts me in a laughing fit, same with his antics during "Life's Been Good" and his lyric-changing that cracks Glenn up and also his little whammy bar trick he does after the "tear out the walls" part. Also the now over-used (he does it in every show I've seen since) move where Don walks up to Joe during The Long Run with the "couldn't hold a candle to you" bit and Joe acts puzzled. I love Joe's antics.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

They are way overdue to release a new DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    They are way overdue to release a new DVD.
    Agreed!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Also, about a new DVD (not to go too off topic but I wanted to mention this):

I would REALLY like it if there were some special features that really highlight the band backstage. And I would DIE for a "Gear Tour" of all of the guys' guitars, amps, pedals, mics, drums, basses, whatever. Especially Joe but it would be nice to see all of them. I would totally die and go to heaven if they did a video tour of Joe's guitar rig and he demonstrates it. For a gearhead like me that would be heaven. There is really no video out there of Joe or even his tech (Mark Reis) doing a rundown of his gear. I want to see it! Also some "Circle Of Fear" footage wouldn't hurt along with maybe some other backstage footage. Also I think it'd be cool if they did more interviews with each guy, INCLUDING Stu. I've never heard Stu speak or be interviewed before. Really the only video right now about Joe's guitars out there is the famous Carvin ad.

Sorry but I had to get that out there since FP brought up the fact about they haven't made a new DVD. I wanted to get that out there in case the Eagles are reading this (Ha! Wishful thinking....) and they could use my ideas!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow! First of all, it seems unbelievable that it has been 6 years since the TV airing of Farewell I. It is such a great DVD and there are so many highlights in it for me. And since they did such a good job with their other DVDs, I guess it is time for another one!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I love the outtakes. I like the part where Don doesn't recognize his guitar and Joe teases him about it. I love the part where Glenn & Joe are talking over the credits and Joe is talking about Irving, Dan Fogelberg, and himself living in a car.

I miss the jumping during Dirty Laundry, so I'd have to say that's one of my favorite parts now.

Farewell 1 is a great DVD and I have lots of favourite moments.
    A favourite moment for all Glenn fan's has to be when he dances

and a couple of my favourites of Will(if I might self-indulge in this thread)
    The 'tongue' pic

and

'getting into it' on Sunset Grill