Page 174 of 301 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for the link, GL. It was a fun read. I left him the following comment ...

From a hardcore Eagles fan, that was a great read, daddydeyo. However, if you get a chance to see their current History of the Eagles tour, please treat yourself. They are still sounding great and those harmonies are as awesome as they’ve ever been.
    Right on, Dreamer! I'm glad you left that comment. I didn't think of doing that!

Just a snippet:

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014...the-old-songs/

I think there are plenty of fans though who would love to hear some trax from LRooE.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...ey-graves.html

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, Glenn, but it wouldn't hurt to add one song from LROOE. Just one!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

Agree Brooke! LROOE was a huge selling album with some great songs- I am sure the audience would not get restless hearing one or two songs from their later work. I would love to hear waiting in the weeds for example or no more cloudy days!

Stuck on the Border

I think it is a shame that the man who so extolled the virtues of doing new material (although they were old songs) on the After Hours tour should revert to type as soon as he returns to the Eagles. He doesn't seem to realise that people can come to love those songs too. It makes you wonder if the next time he does a solo show will he drop the After Hours songs. If so, I feel even more privileged that I saw those songs (and twice as privlleged that I saw the LROOE tour).

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Aaauuuggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously? Fans do want to hear the old stuff, but for those who watched the documentary on Showtime (or even bought it) might be curious about some of the songs from LROOE. It wouldn't have killed them to play at least ONE song from the album. Actually, not playing any made me wonder if they regretted ever putting out LROOE and just wanted to forget about it.

I did get to hear How Long at the first LA Forum show, so all was not lost, and I feel so very fortunate to have been at that show. I've heard the song many times live, but hearing it as part of the Eagles History was special.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Remember how in HOTE LROOE was only given about 10 minutes of discussion. It's like it never happened.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    It wouldn't have killed them to play at least ONE song from the album. Actually, not playing any made me wonder if they regretted ever putting out LROOE and just wanted to forget about it.

I did get to hear How Long at the first LA Forum show, so all was not lost, and I feel so very fortunate to have been at that show. I've heard the song many times live, but hearing it as part of the Eagles History was special.
    You took the words right out of my mouth VA. I totally agree! "How Long" and "7BR" were perfect in the Forum show. I so wish they would add them permanently! Please, please, please guys!

I'm kinda confuse. I find it strange that they kept LWKUA in the set for all those years, but yet they wouldn't put not one song from the LROOE album in the set. What's the difference. Its part of history now. This album showed that people will still buy their music. Would they had not put LWKUA in the setlist for this tour if LROOE was never made.

I like the album. I don't mind having new songs in shows, but I do also want to hear the hits.

I think they keep LWKUA because it was a number 1 hit for them. Also, that gives Timothy two songs to sing. It was off of the HFO record, so even including it, they still don't have anything newer than the mid-90's. I love some of the songs from LROOE. I wish they would include at least one.