Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD - Jun 4, 2015

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD - Jun 4, 2015

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD - Jun 4, 2015

A review with a bit of video...

http://www.kdlt.com/news/local-news/...ncert/33412476

The tweets I'm seeing are all really great. I guess Glenn did the Plaintiff joke, people seem to really like that joke. The only negative tweet was one I see after a lot of concerts, it too hot in the arena.
    VK

An article with opinions about the ban on cellphones and pictures, before the concert started.

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...icy/?id=180875
    VK

It was hot in the arena especially late in show. Don wore a plaid shirt in first half and changed to a different plaid shirt the second half. Timothy started with a gray t-shirt ( I had never seen before) and changed to red a blue plaid for second half. Joe wore a shirt and jacket first half and came back with a Ramones shirt the second half. Glenn started show with the usual blue but changed to a peach shirt the second half. Nice to see bright color on him for a change.
    The guys seem really tired and in need of break. Don said he had a touch of bronchitis but voice got stronger later in show. Glenn had the runny nose and Kleenex box out. They skipped some jokes but only us veterans knew it
    The crowd was great. Stood almost all second half. Before Doolin Daltons Don asked crowd to quiet down so could hear them
    One really neat thing during introductions when Timothy was introduced he got a looong standing o. He seem really touched by this.
    All-in-all great show as usual.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Tf, good to hear! Thanks!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I have to agree with TF22....it got unbelievably warm in the arena, especially toward the end. But in my experience most people are up and moving and it generates a lot of heat. The guys did seem tired and I thought it took them a while to find their stride - Glenn and Don in particular seemed to struggle a bit during the first half of the first half - but true to form, they played thru, found their niche and gave it their all. When you look at the show schedule it's understandable. They've been doing back-to-back nights or a show with a travel day with a show...and this week alone they've done 3 nights in a row! It's got to take a toll. They play Green Bay on Sunday then have a badly needed month to recoup before the next leg with a demanding 3 weeks thru the end of July.

When we got up this morning we gave serious consideration to driving up for the show in Grand Forks tonight but available tickets were limited and we're always skeptical about 'resale' tickets so we came back.

Despite my best efforts, I haven't really found anything about the Billings show on Wednesday other than a lot of hype about the profits for the arena and vendors....not a single word about the concert itself, just tallies for the beer and liquor sales! And I understand the arena there seats nearly 11,000 for a concert but only about 9500 seats were filled. Got to be a bit discouraging.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    I have to agree with TF22....it got unbelievably warm in the arena, especially toward the end. But in my experience most people are up and moving and it generates a lot of heat. The guys did seem tired and I thought it took them a while to find their stride - Glenn and Don in particular seemed to struggle a bit during the first half of the first half - but true to form, they played thru, found their niche and gave it their all. When you look at the show schedule it's understandable. They've been doing back-to-back nights or a show with a travel day with a show...and this week alone they've done 3 nights in a row! It's got to take a toll. They play Green Bay on Sunday then have a badly needed month to recoup before the next leg with a demanding 3 weeks thru the end of July.

When we got up this morning we gave serious consideration to driving up for the show in Grand Forks tonight but available tickets were limited and we're always skeptical about 'resale' tickets so we came back.

Despite my best efforts, I haven't really found anything about the Billings show on Wednesday other than a lot of hype about the profits for the arena and vendors....not a single word about the concert itself, just tallies for the beer and liquor sales! And I understand the arena there seats nearly 11,000 for a concert but only about 9500 seats were filled. Got to be a bit discouraging.
    Cyndi, there is at least one review in the Billings thread, from mtstandard.com. Everything I've read, including the review I just referenced, said it was sold out. I don't want to talk too much about it, since it's for another thread, but remember they don't sell the seats behind the stage. It sold out in four hours, I think.

Glad you had a good time, and sorry to hear the guys seemed to be fighting colds or allergies. It must have been a great show if you wanted to repeat it in Grand Forks!
    VK

Out on the Border

I loved the show...I've seen them twice at the LA Forum and once at the MGM in Vegas, both more than a year ago and so I applaud their ability to keep the quality of the show at such a high level considering this amazing run!

Regarding the venue, I thought the sound was very good, but not nearly as good as the other venues. Glenn Frye had said that the Forum was the new gold standard, so maybe I got spoiled.

Regarding the comfort...we were in the upper seats and it did get VERY uncomfortable and I was ready to lay this on the ever-growing pile of complaints about this facility. Then a friend told me that a facility employee said that the band had insisted that the AC be turned off because it was too loud and interfere with their acoustics.

Please do not run with this assertion as fact...this is second-hand at best, but it does bring up an interesting discussion. Should we prefer optimal acoustics at the expense of comfort?

Welcome, TTW! Glad to hear your input!

As for the AC, I really hope that's not true. I realize the guys are under a lot of hot spotlights and might figure if they can perform in the heat, the crowd can sit in it, but of course the higher you go, the warmer it is, and people have varying degrees of heat sensitivity. Early in the HOTE tour there was a woman who was carried out of a venue on a stretcher due to heat in an arena.
    VK

It seems like the heat issue is still causing problems.
    I saw the Eagles a year ago today in Dublin and the heat in the arena was terrible. A friend of mine was sitting in the nosebleed section and he had to leave halfway through because of the heat. He asked one of the ushers to get the AC turned on, but the usher said it was turned off at the request of the band as it was too loud and interfered with their sound and there was nothing they could do.
    Obviously the higher up you go, the worse it gets, we were sitting near the front of the raised seating and while the heat was bad, it was bearable which was just as well as I refused to leave until the very end.

This tour was the first time the Eagles played indoors in Dublin, and I think apart from Australia and NZ, most of the shows were indoors, probably because its easier to see the screens in the background - but maybe they feel the night air affects how they sing and perform especially in the colder climates ??
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"