View Poll Results: LROOE - which disc do you prefer?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disc One

6 46.15%
  • Disc Two

7 53.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LROOE - which disc do you prefer?

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default LROOE - which disc do you prefer?

I've never seen this done before. Simple question: which of the two discs from Long Road Out Of Eden do you prefer?

I'm really curious to know whether people tend to prefer one of the two discs, or if opinion is split down the middle. I'd love to hear why you choose one disc over the other, even if it's just because your favourite song is on that disc, or because your least favourite is on the other one - it doesn't need to exhaustive. If you genuinely can't decide, then I'd also love to know why (although I'm afraid this does mean you can't vote in the poll!)

I personally prefer disc two, as I think it's more consistent - I love the run of songs from the epic title track through to Last Good Time In Town. There are a few songs that can be a bit 'meh' for me on disc one, whereas I love virtually everything on disc two. Having said this, two of my three favourite songs are on disc one (How Long and Waiting In The Weeds), but I think more of my top ten would be on the second CD.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: LROOE - which disc do you prefer?

I prefer Disc Two.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I've always preferred disk 2. Only a few replies so far, but it seems that others do too. Get votin' people. (For this, and for THAT too ).

Border Rebel

I would vote for Disc Two also, mainly on the strength of the first three songs-"Long Road Out Of Eden," "I Dreamed There Was No War" and "Somebody." Disc One has more weaker songs, but the second disc isn't without any either.

Banned

Shortly after the albums release, I compiled my own single disc version of Long Road Out Of Eden. I've always played this in preference to the official discs.

01 Business As Usual [2]
    02 You Are Not Alone [1]
    03 No More Walks In The Wood [1]
    04 Guilty Of The Crime [1]
    05 Fast Company [1]
    06 Somebody [2]
    07 Waiting In The Weeds [1]
    08 No More Cloudy Days [1]
    09 Last Good Time In Town [2]
    10 What Do I Do With My Heart [1]
    11 Long Road Out Of Eden [2]
    12 Center Of The Universe [2]
    13 I Love To watch A Woman Dance [2]
    14 Frail Grasp On The Big Picture [2]
    15 I Dreamed There Was No War [2]
    16 How Long[1]
    17 It's Your World Now [2]

I reckon that's 8 from CD 1 and 9 from CD 2.

Border Rebel

I debated not voting on this because the original I had of Disc 2 skipped badly. But I recently replaced it, and I still prefer Disc 1 quite a bit over Disc 2. I still don't play Disc 2 very often, although I do like the songs on it.

Has anyone else had a problem with the quality of these CDs? The last couple of songs on Disc 1 skip, too, even on the one I bought not long ago. It's frustrating!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It's too hard for me to vote as there are songs on both cds that I want to hear.

My favorite song of all is Waiting in the Weeds, which is on #1, but I must have LROOE, Somebody, CotU and IYWN which are on #2. I also really like HL, BBF, WDIDWMH and NMCD.

I do most of my music listening in the car and my new car doesn't have a cd player, so I solved the dilemma by making a playlist of my favorites.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I tend to listen to disc 1 more than disc 2 as most of my favourite songs are on it but most of the time, its on shuffle on my ipod so I never know what disc I'm listening to
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Border Troubadour

Definitely disc 1 for me. Most of my favourite songs are on it.

Waiting in the weeds alone swings it for me.
    Last edited by DivineDon; 11-08-2016 at 08:05 AM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I debated not voting on this because the original I had of Disc 2 skipped badly. But I recently replaced it, and I still prefer Disc 1 quite a bit over Disc 2. I still don't play Disc 2 very often, although I do like the songs on it.

Has anyone else had a problem with the quality of these CDs? The last couple of songs on Disc 1 skip, too, even on the one I bought not long ago. It's frustrating!
    When CDs were first introduced, one of the promotion points, to ween us off vinyl, was you could eat your dinner off a CD and it'd still work. If you can't take it back to the shop, it's always worth trying a bit of soap and water. I'm sure there are defined CD, and CD player, cleaners available too.

Sorry for nipping off topic

Track wise CD2 edges it. If you factor in the length of the tracks, I spend much more time listening to CD 2 (roughly 30% more)