Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

WS82, I'm sorry you can't come.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I was in Los Angeles for a few days last week and finally got to a show at the famed Troubadour. For reasons unknown to me, they don't use the famous front bar anymore (except that's where the restrooms are). They kept it in darkness, which is unfortunate because there is some memorabilia on the walls that would've been nice to get a better look at. In the front right-hand corner is the Eagles section: there is a signed photo of the band (Timothy edition, Long Run era I believe) and a framed cover of the live album. That's it, as far as I could make out.
    Was it blocked off and completely dark? When Dreamer, HB, and I went recently, it was somewhat dark and empty except for the bartender and a guy selling merchandise, but open. It's just that when there's a show, people hurry past the front bar to go into the backroom. It was nice for us, because we were able to order drinks and look at the memorabilia without bumping into others. I've been there on a weekend when the front bar is so packed you can't even get the bartender's attention.

If it was completely blocked off, I imagine it's just a temporary thing. I guess we'll see in January!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

It wasn't blocked off, but it was completely dark and no one was there. The bigger, square bar in the stage area was open. Probably because attendance was so low that night, it didn't make sense to have both bars going.
    I didn't realize you'd been there, Soda. It's a neat little place.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I have found a flight combination that can get me out on Friday afternoon though I won't get to LAX till shortly after midnight. That allows me Monday to travel home. Means I should only need one day off as Friday is a 1pm finish anyway. So I'm good for the weekend. I also have some dollars saved from our holiday earlier this year
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

To all who are going ,have a blast
    I can not fly due to healh issues
    I will be there in spirit

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

GA - So glad you are going to make it to LA. And Celle, I so wish you could be there too. It would be great to see you again.

We'll have to make sure we do a special toast for all of our Borderers who will be there with us in spirit.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

If it's anything like our trip to Detroit we will be toasting all weekend Dreamer!!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

So happy for you GA!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ga, I'm so glad you can come! Can't wait to meet you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Me too Gaye Lyn. It will be great to finally meet up!!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

PLS has said she's coming, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten