Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I thought Cindy looked absolutely gorgeous. Prettiest I've ever seen her look.

I don't know anything at all about Kings of Leon, but I thought they sounded fantastic on the clip of TIE that I heard.

Can't wait for the 27th!
    Have you heard of the song Use Somebody. That's Kings Of Leon. I think a few pages back I posted a video of Kings Of Leon and Juanes.

I agree. She was gorgeous. Both dresses she wore on Saturday and Sunday were beautiful and I definitely would wore those dresses.

I would had loved to seen what the wives and children were clothes. i saw Jean and Marjorie's dress, but not Sharon since Don didn't walk the red carpet. From the WH reception video, it looks like Don's daughters had on a off the shoulder kind of dress.

Oh. I think I found out that the rest of the honorees family sit in the audience. It looks like only 2 rows where the honorees sit and then you have other people sitting up there too. I guess the big wigs. lol

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Love that pic of what the ribbons look like!!! Never actually seen that up close before. I agree Cindy looks so gorgeous too. And I think I read that Linda Ronstadt did the voice over for the video of band's history, which I hope is the case.

Thanks again Shun for all of these posts. I agree about how great it is to see todays current artists talk about their influences. You mostly now hear about the Eagles influence on today's country artists but not so much from today's rock/alt-rock. I always had a feeling Kings of Leon did have an Eagles influence, especially with their harmonies, and nice to see it confirmed. I actually just looked back into KOL's history and surprised me that originally the oldest brothers Caleb and Nathan (the lead singer and drummer) were actually originally in Nashville to be a country duo in the early 2000s. They didn't really go into rock music till their younger brother Jared (the bass player) and cousin Matthew (lead guitarist) graduated high school around 2002/2003 and joined their band and they all relocated to California. There's some other similarities with the Eagles from there on out.

As for songs that have an Eagles sound I would say besides their new album "Walls" which does mix back in their country & Southern rock sounds and the title track is a country style ballad (I also posted I think last month how the critics were calling this their "Hotel California" album by the influences and how it's now their biggest album yet), their older songs "Back Down South", "On Call", "Pickup Truck", and "Wait for Me" I would say have influences. Also "Closer" reminds me of "Hotel California" with the lyrics.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Love that pic of what the ribbons look like!!! Never actually seen that up close before. I agree Cindy looks so gorgeous too. And I think I read that Linda Ronstadt did the voice over for the video of band's history, which I hope is the case.
    i think I saw on facebook that Linda is doing the voice over for the video which I thought it was so great of Linda for doing that. She had so much history of the guys. I bet that surprise the guys.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-06-2016 at 02:40 PM.

I wanted to post a quote that Don said in an interview he did for Unitedmags.com. I posted the link in Don's thread too.

http://www.unitedmags.com/rhap-session-don-henley

When the Eagles receive Kennedy Center Honors this month, you’ll be shouldering a legacy you cocreated with Glenn Frey. What’s it going to be like to accept this award as the remaining founder of the group?

It’s a very prestigious honor, and I’m very humbled and grateful to receive it. It’s going to be bittersweet because Glenn’s not there. It’s going to be difficult. His widow is going to come and sit in his place. He was the most enthusiastic about getting this award, and he really wanted to go and to participate. We are, at least from my perspective, doing it in his honor.
    From Don's quote, Glenn was soo looking forward to it last year. It just makes me sad.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-06-2016 at 07:50 PM.

Stuck on the Border

I can't wait to tell my husband that Steve Vai played Hotel California.

I would have thought he would do one of the solos at the end rather than Steuart.

Lovely sentiments about Glenn. It's so bloody sad.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That is sad about Glenn and how much he was looking forward to it.

Saw KOL member Nathan Followill retweet his wife Jessie Baylin's Instagram photo of them performing "Take it Easy". They let her be one of the backup singers as she's a huge Eagles fan too. She's the blonde on the right.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNrhHu3AA4Y/
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Thank you very much, Shun, for the updates regarding KCH weekend! I liked seeing the pictures, and I need to look at the videos soon. It's really great that two of my favorites are being honored this year, the Eagles and Al Pacino!

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Thanks to Shun for all the updates on the KCH! I think the performers were well chosen, with a good range of different acts (I would say the songs were well chosen too, but I think that go. goes without saying!) For me it's difficult to not to state the obvious in saying that it's a wonderful moment for Don, Joe and Tim tempered only by the dreadful shame that Glenn couldn't join them. I was glad to see that his family attended in his place in his honour.

Although it's very sad, I was kind of pleased when I read that Glenn was really enthusiastic about the honours. I think when people die, including those who I've known personally, I tend to be reassured when I think of things they said or did that defined their personalities, and his enthusiasm for the award strikes me as being totally 'Glenn', which made me smile. I like to think he was looking down on them.

I'm glad the award was granted in time for Glenn to be excited about it. He went out on top, that's for sure.

I want to join others in thanking shun for all her efforts. I appreciate it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    *** Possible Spoiler ****
    A question for someone who follows these things closely (Shun?): Could some of tonight's performers have been at the dinner? There are photos of Garth Brooks, Tricia Yearwood, Elle King, Bonnie Raitt and, of course, Ringo Starr. Of course, some may be there for James Taylor - has anyone ever given a tribute for two honorees in the same show? There are also some actors and musicians who might be paying tribute to the other honorees.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_New...nner/fp/10749/
    Oops. UTW. I forgot to answer another part of your question. I've never seen performer paying tribute two honorees the same night.