Page 167 of 195 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Looks like Don will coming home to Linden sometime last year. Vince and Jackson will also be coming to Linden too sometime next year. I think its time for another trip to Linden next year.

https://m.facebook.com/musiccitytexa...pe=3&source=54

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Looks like Don will coming home to Linden sometime last year. Vince and Jackson will also be coming to Linden too sometime next year. I think its time for another trip to Linden next year.

https://m.facebook.com/musiccitytexa...pe=3&source=54
    Oh wow!! You and me both Shun!

Wonder when it will be?

I remembered Don saying he was going to try to make Kenny's farewell concert. Well he did and luckily the Eagles were off last night to go to Nashville to be there. Don sang Desperado

http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/...-celebration-2

Earlier in the evening Kenny was serenaded not only be many contemporary country stars, but also peers like Lionel Richie, who sang "Lady" at Kenny's request, Don Henley did the Eagles’ classic “Desperado” in Kenny’s honor and Kris Kristofferson who reminded the crowd that Kenny and the First Edition had cut “Me and Bobby McGee” in 1969 the same year Janis Joplin did.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's great he was there and performed for Kenny.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I'm trying to find more articles, but they are acting like Don wasn't even there. They were focusing more on the country artists than Don.

Here's another one I found. I guess we will hear what Don said when they televised it on tv down the road.

http://wincountry.com/news/articles/...l-celebration/

If it was possible for the star power to get brighter from there, it did. Though Janis Joplin did the best-known version of his song, Kris Kristofferson arrived to remind the crowd that Kenny and the First Edition had cut “Me and Bobby McGee” in 1969 as well. Don Henley did the Eagles ’ classic “Desperado” in Kenny’s honor.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-27-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Good find, Shun!

Don't you just love Dolly, "You want to hold ‘em now?”

Here's another article from the other night which also includes the picture I posted in the other thread.

I forgot Kenny recorded Desperado. I had wonder why Don did his own song. Then I saw that Kenny also record that song. I also didn't know Kenny had recorded We've Got Tonight. When I was reading articles from that night, I was wondering why they did Bob's song and Don doing Desperado instead of one of Kenny's songs.

I see I don't know that much about Kenny. lol I only have one album of his and I forgot the name of it. It came out late 90s, early 2000s, but I know a lot of his songs he released as singles.

The biggest names across all genres of music took the stage Wednesday night (Oct. 25) at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena to celebrate Kenny Rogers at All in for the Gambler: Kenny Rogers Farewell Concert Celebration. The Oak Ridge Boys, Don Henley, Idina Menzel, Lionel Richie, Billy Currington, Elle King, Little Big Town, Justin Moore, The Flaming Lips, Alison Krauss, Chris Stapleton and Dolly Parton were among those on hand to honor Rogers. Before Rogers and Parton ended the evening with a mic drop, a steady stream of artists hit the stage to share memories and songs from the iconic artist’s six decades long career.
    The crowd took to their feet in thunderous applause as Don Henley stepped into the spotlight to honor his longtime friend and fellow Texan. Henley performed a compelling rendition of “Desperado,” the Eagles classic that has been cut by numerous artists over the years, including Rogers.
    http://www.soundslikenashville.com/n...bration-recap/

Stuck on the Border

Thank You Shun - you come thru again !

Shun, thanks for posting the links. I had totally forgotten about this event. So great to see Don.

Let us know if you find out when it airs!

A little sneak peek of Walden, a 20 minute documentary. There's suppose to be a viewing of Walden on November 8th and Don will be there. I'm guessing Don is narrating it.

https://vimeo.com/240196293?mc_cid=5...eid=a7df910ab7
    https://vimeo.com/240193355