Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Long Run - Alternate

Default Re: The Long Run - Alternate

The Long Run is by no means a bad album but it's not a top three album. I like all the singles, I'm more found of TLR than the others on here but I can see how one doesn't like it. I felt like using ITC was weak, something I definitely don't like them doing that just to fill out the album. King of Hollywood and sad cafe are both decent lyrically but I don't care for that music that much. Those shoes is interesting enough where it deserves some praise but the other songs are varying degrees of filler. The band was capable of better imo but just needed to take some time off. It would be truly appalling to think of The Long Run being a double album like it was originally planned. But if given time that could have been a blessing because Glenn could have used that to get his voice back to the forefront, Timothy could have had another lead and maybe even felder. Had they just slowed down it could have been better but I accept that they were just physically and mentally exhauseted and they reached their limit at the time

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    The Long Run is by no means a bad album but it's not a top three album. I like all the singles, I'm more found of TLR than the others on here but I can see how one doesn't like it. I felt like using ITC was weak, something I definitely don't like them doing that just to fill out the album. King of Hollywood and sad cafe are both decent lyrically but I don't care for that music that much. Those shoes is interesting enough where it deserves some praise but the other songs are varying degrees of filler. The band was capable of better imo but just needed to take some time off. It would be truly appalling to think of The Long Run being a double album like it was originally planned. But if given time that could have been a blessing because Glenn could have used that to get his voice back to the forefront, Timothy could have had another lead and maybe even felder. Had they just slowed down it could have been better but I accept that they were just physically and mentally exhauseted and they reached their limit at the time
    YEF, it's important to discern the difference between what I consider my top three and your top three vs their actual top three albums. For me TLR is a top three album for me and no one can deny that. It's my ranking vs yours.

I also think ITC is a brilliant Eagles song, and I don't find it weak at all. Joe's version of it for the Warriors movie soundtrack wasn't that good IMO, the Eagles version was superb and was still played in concert throughout the HOTE tour and Joe plays it the Eagles way in all of his solo shows. ITC is a great Eagles song. That's an example of a song much better with the Eagles than without.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    YEF, it's important to discern the difference between what I consider my top three and your top three vs their actual top three albums. For me TLR is a top three album for me and no one can deny that. It's my ranking vs yours.

I also think ITC is a brilliant Eagles song, and I don't find it weak at all. Joe's version of it for the Warriors movie soundtrack wasn't that good IMO, the Eagles version was superb and was still played in concert throughout the HOTE tour and Joe plays it the Eagles way in all of his solo shows. ITC is a great Eagles song. That's an example of a song much better with the Eagles than without.
    When i say "Its not a top three album" i meant that as an opinion. Obviously my opinions aren't fact. I like In The City I just don't like how they put it on the album. They wouldn't have done that if they were a more creative era but they were just dry. I don't like them just redoing a solo song. Though it's still good and the vocal harmonies are good.

When i say "Its not a top three album" i meant that as an opinion. Obviously my opinions aren't fact. I like In The City I just don't like how they put it on the album. They wouldn't have done that if they were a more creative era but they were just dry. I don't like them just redoing a solo song. Though it's still good and the vocal harmonies are good.
    I hated it as a solo song though, it got known through the Eagles, and not as a song on that movie. I thought Joe deserved some vocal leads on TLR and it sounds better with the guys than with just Joe. It's an Eagles huge hit, a staple.

Border Troubadour

King of Hollywood ... decent lyrically but I don't care for that music that much.
    The music is my primary love on King of Hollywood, one of the very, very few Eagles songs when all three guitarists deserve equal praise for their input. I love how they all join gradually in the intro, the harmonising, build up, and then, to top it all of, more solos than you can shake a stick at - I believe all three of them got one too.

I will add, the Long Run forum theme is an absolute belter too.