Thread: Celebration of Millennium Collection

Default Celebration of Millennium Collection

I may had overlook the thread, but I couldn't find this.

Happy 16th Birthday to the Millennium Collection album.

Default Re: Celebration of Millennium Collection

I was fortunate enough to go to both Vegas concerts which I've mentioned. Still love the cd from Selected Works. That was the first time I had ever seen Jackson Browne in person, what a treat.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys View Post
    I was fortunate enough to go to both Vegas concerts which I've mentioned. Still love the cd from Selected Works. That was the first time I had ever seen Jackson Browne in person, what a treat.
    I think this is a reference to a Glenn Frey compilation called Millennium Collection, not the Eagles' Millenium shows, some of which appears in Selected Works. I'm not sure why a compilation album needs to be celebrated.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

The only thing that distinguishes this compilation from the others is its inclusion of the "Glenn Frey Live" version of "The One You Love."

Apart from that, it's not a whole lot different from any other 'Greatest Hits' disc.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

I'm down with any excuse to celebrate.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Is this the same as the Universal Masters Collection?

If so, I looked at it but decided the Solo Collection was more interesting because it had four songs that weren't available elsewhere and the selection of other songs looked better. Yes, this one has "Lover's Moon" but it also has "Better in the USA".

Oops! Sorry I misunderstood, going to look for those cds now.....
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I paid too much money for this CD at FYE earlier this year, especially since I already had most of Glenn's albums and the solo collection on CD and I found this CD at Walmart a few days later for half the price. I think FYE were trying to make a profit from Glenn's passing since that's the only time I've since his solo material in that store. Oh well, I'm a collector who is a completist.

This CD isn't bad for a casual fan, and the photos in the liner notes are nice.

Happy belated 16th anniversary to The Millennium Collection!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Happy Belated 17th Birthday to the Celebration of Millennium Collection album.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Happy Belated 20th Birthday on yesterday to the Millennium Collection.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley