Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Paul McCartney

Default Re: Paul McCartney

Thanks.
    Not floor seats. First tier, off to "Timothy's side" of the stage, but not too far to the side. I felt pretty good about the seats.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Sounds like a great time! I see him tomorrow

I am envious beyond words, but so glad you got to go!

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    ^ Paul played some new music at the concert here. (Well, he said it was new, and I didn't know it, so I'll take his word on it.)
    Thank you.

There have been so many albums released in 2016 and 2017 by all sorts of artists. And, new albums keep on popping up all over the place.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's so great LT and have a great time TW!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Have a great time, TW! If you're into tattoos, Paul might even sign your arm for you!! He did that for four ladies here.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

As I said elsewhere two nights in Sydney in December, second row the second night.

Stuck on the Border

I decided I should post something about the two astonishing shows I saw on December 11 & 12. I had held off because I honestly was not sure what to say. They were, in short, the two greatest concerts I have ever seen.

He's 75, for God's sake. He plays & moves like a 20 year old. He's still as trim & fit as he ever was. One sign he read out said 'sign my butt'. He said 'show it to us first' and then he wiggled his own butt.

He told some really great stories both nights. Before Here Today he said it was written as a conversation he never had with John. After he finished it he said 'if you've got something to say, say it' meaning tell them how you feel, in his best down to earth Liverpool accent. The tribute to George before Something was equally moving and then we all screamed the words... 'I DON'T KNOW... I DON'T KNOW'! so loud... while photos of him & George flashed up behind him.

He has the tightest band I think I have ever seen - a five piece, him included. During a scorching Maybe I'm Amazed (which he had to start again the first night - bless him for being human) I made it quite clear to Rusty the guitarist how much I loved his solo.

He CHANGES THE SETLIST. The first night we had Junior's Farm, the second night Nineteen Hundred & Eighty Five. We had I Saw Her Standing There the second night instead of Birthday. There were others, but the fact that he is prepared to do that says volumes about him. He even did the collaboration with Kanye West & two tracks from his last album New.

He can still scream tracks like Helter Skelter & Back In The USSR at the top of his lungs; you do notice weaknesses on slower songs like Blackbird, but who cares? He was singing them. Then there were the singalongs like Ob-la-Di Ob-la-Da and the one that starts 'hey.....'(you know that one...)

He even did a couple of John's songs, OPENING with A Hard Day's Night & later Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite! which was extraordinary. I sometimes forget what an incredible perfecly constructed song Band On The Run is. It has climax moments right through it.

I was in the second row on the left hand side on the second night & even had a glance my way during Sgt Pepper/Helter Skelter! I was in heaven.

AND he had no issue at all with phones, photos or videos. I took a couple of videos, but they're not very good - I don't care. It was mind blowing. I just hope he doesn't leave it 25 years to come back given his age.

If you get a chance to see this genius & legend, DO NOT MISS IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I decided I should post something about the two astonishing shows I saw on December 11 & 12. I had held off because I honestly was not sure what to say. They were, in short, the two greatest concerts I have ever seen.

He's 75, for God's sake. He plays & moves like a 20 year old. He's still as trim & fit as he ever was. One sign he read out said 'sign my butt'. He said 'show it to us first' and then he wiggled his own butt.

He told some really great stories both nights. Before Here Today he said it was written as a conversation he never had with John. After he finished it he said 'if you've got something to say, say it' meaning tell them how you feel, in his best down to earth Liverpool accent. The tribute to George before Something was equally moving and then we all screamed the words... 'I DON'T KNOW... I DON'T KNOW'! so loud... while photos of him & George flashed up behind him.

He has the tightest band I think I have ever seen - a five piece, him included. During a scorching Maybe I'm Amazed (which he had to start again the first night - bless him for being human) I made it quite clear to Rusty the guitarist how much I loved his solo.

He CHANGES THE SETLIST. The first night we had Junior's Farm, the second night Nineteen Hundred & Eighty Five. We had I Saw Her Standing There the second night instead of Birthday. There were others, but the fact that he is prepared to do that says volumes about him. He even did the collaboration with Kanye West & two tracks from his last album New.

He can still scream tracks like Helter Skelter & Back In The USSR at the top of his lungs; you do notice weaknesses on slower songs like Blackbird, but who cares? He was singing them. Then there were the singalongs like Ob-la-Di Ob-la-Da and the one that starts 'hey.....'(you know that one...)

He even did a couple of John's songs, OPENING with A Hard Day's Night & later Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite! which was extraordinary. I sometimes forget what an incredible perfecly constructed song Band On The Run is. It has climax moments right through it.

I was in the second row on the left hand side on the second night & even had a glance my way during Sgt Pepper/Helter Skelter! I was in heaven.

AND he had no issue at all with phones, photos or videos. I took a couple of videos, but they're not very good - I don't care. It was mind blowing. I just hope he doesn't leave it 25 years to come back given his age.

If you get a chance to see this genius & legend, DO NOT MISS IT.
    Thank you FP, really enjoyed your review with all the interesting details, what a wonderful show both nights!!! I have yet to see Paul in concert. I seriously considered Desert Trip 2016 but ultimatley couldn't make it happen. I will keep my fingers crossed for another chance but I am determined to see Justin Hayward on his US Tour next year.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's awesome FP!!! Paul is still the best concert I've ever been to and I'm so glad you had a fantastic time.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."