• Governor Gary Johnson/ Governor William Weld

0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

I disagree on the protest signs. The civil rights signs look like they were designed and printed by an organisation and just handed out to the marchers, whereas the recent ones are home-made and personal. "Walls suck. Trust Germans on this" shows a knowledge of history and the world outside the US. A cartoon potraying Trump as a puppet of a white supremisist cuts close to home given the story that Trump has signed at least one executive orders without knowing the content.

I hope you are right about the checks and balances. That is certainly being tested.

All the other side has is the Race card.

As for Jeff Sessions he is not a white supremacist as they say.

He put to death a KKK leader in Alabama and also desgegragted Alabama Schools. In 2009 he was also awarded The Alabama NAACP Chapter Award of excellence.

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/leahb...-2009-n2283209

Although I do disagree with him on the whole war on Drugs thing.

I also agree with Trump on education belonging to he states although I don't think Betsy Davos was a good choice for Ed Sec although why do we need it anyway. On Russia he needs to be more hard but we still need to work together to defeat ISIS then we can sort everything else out later

As for the wall thing I always joke well it kept the Mongolians Out of China for centuries lol

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post

As for Jeff Sessions he is not a white supremacist as they say.

He put to death a KKK leader in Alabama and also desgegragted Alabama Schools. In 2009 he was also awarded The Alabama NAACP Chapter Award of excellence.

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/leahb...-2009-n2283209
    Amen to that. It made me so angry to hear ill-informed people disparage him. Mr. Sessions is an intelligent person of integrity. Listening to the disgusting, pandering tactics during his confirmation hearings played a big role in getting me to change my party designation from Democrat (which I've been ever since I could vote at age eighteen) to Independent. It made me realize this is not my Party anymore.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

One thing that the US election has done is encouraged me to learn how the American political system works. I can see the checks and balances. This puts the stress between Trump and the judiciary into context. What will make a difference long term is if Trump either maintains at least a cooperative relationship with Congress, or whether there will eventually be friction there too.

I think that in the political arena 'the truth will out'. People will be judged by their actions. It's not necessary to make immediate decisions about how people will act, and past behaviour is not a guarantee of similar behaviour in the future, though it is indicative.

One issue that affects many societies is that people make decisions, including important decisions, too quickly without properly investigating the facts. E.g. the are opinions about Sessions is an example of this. There are many people and media outlets characterising him one way or the other, but it appears that much of this is over-simple (on both sides), and the reality of how he is likely to perform in the job and what he will do does not appear clear to me.

A major concern is that there will be more war. I feel that people in the UK have fallen into the trap of dehumanising whole countries of people, different religions, etc. The same appears to be a risk in the US. Dehumanising others has been, in the past, often the first step to much darker actions. I'm concerned as to where the world as a whole is going. This again, in my opinion, is a symptom of oversimplification and a lack of motivation to truly understand facts and people.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Now that is just not true. It's not just race. It's a lot of things that make him a dangerous person and make him repulsive to those of us who care. It's not just racism, xenophobia, misogyny, making fun of disabled people, being friends with Putin, narcissism, etc. It's all of them combined. If he weren't in the highest office he'd just be a narcissistic perverted bigot, and we'd write him off as such and move on. But he is now in the office of POTUS and he has to be fought as IMO he is a fascist.

I agree with Soda that there is checks and balances (and as such thankfully we've seen the travel ban go bye bye) but still, he has way more power than he ever should have. And he can still do things that are not good for us, dangerous even.

It goes beyond FUD, there are active reasons to be concerned in numerous different areas. If you think all we are concerned about is racism and using the "race card" you are highly mistaken. We are concerned about the future and from everything I've seen and many others have seen, it's a legit concern. That's all.

To each their own, but I couldn't just ignore that sentence. I'm sorry. But no.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

IF and again a BIG IF Trump is all those things you said he was then why is that All of Middle America voted for him. All the left has is Insults and it did not work because the Democratic Party dig its own grave because all they focused was on the West and East Coast cities.

By the way he never mocked a disabled reporter that has been proven false.

If you don't agree with the left they attack and ostracize you.

By the way apparently the 1980s want their foreign policy back

By the way the GOO are hypocritical to