Page 6 of 303 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

OK, try this one! Hubby and I were invited to the 'Afters' (ie evening dancing etc) of a wedding of a young lad who had worked with him up to a few weeks ago. On Wednesday it transpired that this young man's name was .....Glenn...... But it gets better. On Friday (the day of the wedding) I casually asked hubby what Glenn's future wife's name was. He didn't know and called another colleague. Transpired her name was.....Lisa. ....I didn't know whether to or . Hubby had to write the card (I couldn't!) and then asked me how many n's in Glenn. To which I replied.... I don't know about him, but I'd always use 2 Anyway a good night was had by all even though it was a little weird seeing all the "Glenn and Lisa" stuff around!

Now if that doesn't remind me of the Eagles (or one Eagle in particular) What does??
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I drove down to Williamsburg yesterday to meet a friend for a girls shopping day. It was such a beautiful day, I decided to drive the scenic route instead of taking the interstate. I had forgotten that when taking that route, you pass a place called Eagles Landing. Well, I guess that settles the question about which is the best way to get to Williamsburg from my house!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Anyway, a good night was had by all even though it was a little weird seeing all the "Glenn and Lisa" stuff around!

Now if that doesn't remind me of the Eagles (or one Eagle in particular) What does??
    Wow, GA, I think I would have been majorly distracted at that event!! I love the way you had to choose the spelling!

Dreamer, sounds like a good decision on the route!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Next week I will go to our local resident's registration office and vehicle registration center (is that the correct translation? )
    For my number plate I will try to get either GF or KU. Hopefully one of these combinations exists.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I think thats a great idea Good Luck!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

It's sounds fun to be able to choose your registration number, EF. I have GF on mine, separated by two numbers.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Weirdly, I have RM on mine (it's actually RMB). Good job I'm not a Glenn fan
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    OK, try this one! Hubby and I were invited to the 'Afters' (ie evening dancing etc) of a wedding of a young lad who had worked with him up to a few weeks ago. On Wednesday it transpired that this young man's name was .....Glenn...... But it gets better. On Friday (the day of the wedding) I casually asked hubby what Glenn's future wife's name was. He didn't know and called another colleague. Transpired her name was.....Lisa. ....I didn't know whether to or . Hubby had to write the card (I couldn't!) and then asked me how many n's in Glenn. To which I replied.... I don't know about him, but I'd always use 2 Anyway a good night was had by all even though it was a little weird seeing all the "Glenn and Lisa" stuff around!

GA!!! If I were you, I would have had difficulty concentrating on anything else apart from Glenn on the night!

I had my own Glenn moment over the weekend. I attended a fundraising concert featuring a very popular and polished cover band called Late Final, and the drummer's name is... wait for it... GLENN! He's a good drummer and singer, but Glenn Frey he ain't, though, I'm sorry to say!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Last weekend, listening to Sammy Hagar, I had an Eagles moment. Everytime I hear Sammy sing "take me up so high...where Eagles fly" I always sigh. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    I always sigh. lol
    I wonder WHY!!! :P