Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Eagles/solo song of the moment?

Default Re: What's your Eagles/solo song of the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Yeah, I love when that happens with any song. I was playing LE on the guitar last night so I'm kinda in the LE mood at the moment!
    Very cool. I played it in the tribute band of course but I never play it in solo shows - it wears me out trying to sing all of those lyrics. I haven't played LE in forever - I need to refresh myself.

In my solo shows with a backing band I do TIE and PEF on acoustic and AG and HT on electric. Then I also do WA, LBG, and Funk #49 from Joe's stuff. I can't sing Henley's songs even though he is my favorite singer of all time and in the Eagles. Too high of a voice. I can sing Frey's stuff decently - in the solo shows I'm the frontman and do the singing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I've been listening to Get Over It a lot lately. (On a related note, might anyone have an mp3 of the HFO version of the song?)
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    I've been listening to Get Over It a lot lately. (On a related note, might anyone have an mp3 of the HFO version of the song?)
    Here you go : http://www.mediafire.com/?k355fcmcll5xai3

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Very cool. I played it in the tribute band of course but I never play it in solo shows - it wears me out trying to sing all of those lyrics. I haven't played LE in forever - I need to refresh myself.

In my solo shows with a backing band I do TIE and PEF on acoustic and AG and HT on electric. Then I also do WA, LBG, and Funk #49 from Joe's stuff. I can't sing Henley's songs even though he is my favorite singer of all time and in the Eagles. Too high of a voice. I can sing Frey's stuff decently - in the solo shows I'm the frontman and do the singing.
    My Radio station plays a version of it which goes as far as the first chorus, then it cuts to 'she gets up.......' etc. I guess it's to suit the standard time allocated to each song. It sounds pretty well and for the unseasoned fan, they met not even be aware that verses are missing. BUT obviously I would prefer the full version. But maybe if you play it again, that's a suggestion! Glenn played it really well the last 2 nights.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Right now Don Henley singing New York Minute is on my mind.
    Don's words & Timmy's baseline is just haunting, especially today on 9/11
    "The wolf is always at the door" Just gives me the chills.
    As a New Yorker, words were never so true.
    http://youtu.be/_IVE1LguNJw

Another one of Don's that's very appropriate is "The End of the Innocence." In fact, according to Stevie Nicks, she actually called Don Henley from New York on 9/11 to tell him, "Your song is coming true."

Oh beautiful for spacious skies, but now those skies are threatening...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Another one of Don's that's very appropriate is "The End of the Innocence." In fact, according to Stevie Nicks, she actually called Don Henley from New York on 9/11 to tell him, "Your song is coming true."

Oh beautiful for spacious skies, but now those skies are threatening...
    I hadn't heard that about Stevie but she was very right. Hadn't really thought about EOTI in that respect but very valid point.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I think maybe she meant NY Minute, because it did happen in NY. I don't really see EOTI in a way that relates to the incident. I think the Innocence was lost a really long time ago....... At least mine was!

No, she explicitly said it was "End of the Innocence" in one of her journals, because she thought America had lost its innocence and sense of invulnerability.

However, I'd have to agree that "New York Minute" is very applicable.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

My CD of the moment is a copy of the '73 Holland show that Pueblo47 recently shared with me (Thank you, Pueblo!). I decided to put it into my car CD player so I could listen while commuting.

What a treasure! I've never heard the guys sound so raw and fresh and young. There are rockin' live jams of songs you never hear now. There's feedback and humorous reactions to it ("THAT wasn't part of the song," says Glenn). There's laughter and chatter and flubbed notes. There's uneven miking and random pre-song tuning. My Lord, these guys are human!

None of these things would see the light of day in a 2011 Eagles show, with its polished perfection. It's refreshing to hear it here. The boys sound like a bar band, full of energy and fun and promise, and I love it!