Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Eagles/solo song of the moment?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's your Eagles/solo song of the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Several of Glenn's songs are personal, but in most he's telling a story - nothing wrong with that. Christine McVie does the same thing. Regardless, he always conveys a lot of emotion in his vocal and to me, pretty much every song sounds heartfelt. It must be the actor in him!

It's interesting you bring up "It's Your World Now" because when explaining the song, Glenn distances himself and says something like "The guy in the song is dying."

You are dead on about "You Are Not Alone" though.
    I didn't say IYWN was 'personal'. I said it was 'poignant and heartfelt'. I am not going into any sort of debate about whether Don's songs are 'personal' and Glenn's are just 'stories'. To me, Waiting In The Weeds is a 'story', no matter how emotional the vocal is. I may well be wrong, but as far as I know he is still married and has not endured the type of breakup that occurs in that song.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm reviving this old thread because this seemed to fit my mood. I thought I would use it to mention that I listened to Already Gone a couple of times today in recognition of this day being the 37th anniversary of its release as a single.

So if you want to celebrate, here's a good download from EOC ...

Already Gone from the Kirshner Rock Concert, 1974!
    Download as .mpg (49 megs)
    Download as .wmv (11 megs)

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Love love love Already Gone. In the Eagles tribute it was my favorite song to play along with Hotel California. On The Border keeps going between 2nd and 3rd place for favorite Eagles album, fighting with "The Long Run", for 2nd place... On The Border usually wins!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

This thread was very eloquent - not when it came to me though. I didn't have a 'song of the moment' and I'm afraid I still don't. I'm too preoccupied with some 'other' songs at the moment & I honestly don't really know how to get the Eagles thing back. Maybe someone can suggest something. I will say the last Eagles song I heard was Lyin' Eyes which I think you all know is a favourite of mine. I wish I could say more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    TI honestly don't really know how to get the Eagles thing back. Maybe someone can suggest something.
    Maybe a while with no Eagles at all - ipod or radio etc - then go back to your favourite (Hell Freezes Over?) after a good break.

After downloading the EOTI album on itunes, my current song of the moment is "Last Worthless Evening".
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    This thread was very eloquent - not when it came to me though. I didn't have a 'song of the moment' and I'm afraid I still don't. I'm too preoccupied with some 'other' songs at the moment & I honestly don't really know how to get the Eagles thing back. Maybe someone can suggest something. I will say the last Eagles song I heard was Lyin' Eyes which I think you all know is a favourite of mine. I wish I could say more than that.
    WOW---Me either FP!! I actually have been concentrating on my beloved Cars lately because of all the excitement with the new album (less than 2 weeks now). I will be sporting a new avi & sig for a couple of weeks for the occasion starting next week.

Never fear-I know I will be back at it again very, very soon (don't ever stray from the guys for long). Even when dreaming of someone else (Benjamin) the Eagles were still there also.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've been listening to the Desperado album this week for obvious reasons and I'm really appreciating all the songs on that album. It's really going to be hard for me to pick a favorite when the time comes, but the current song of the moment is Doolin' Dalton-Desperado Reprise. I just love all their voices on it. The whole song, lyrics, voices, just get me!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome to my world, twin-separated-at-birth!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Maybe a while with no Eagles at all - ipod or radio etc - then go back to your favourite (Hell Freezes Over?) after a good break.

After downloading the EOTI album on itunes, my current song of the moment is "Last Worthless Evening".
    Perhaps I need to play all the albums in the car; but HFO is nowhere near my favourite Eagles album; that is still Hotel California but with strong reservations.

I did hear I Love To Watch A Woman Dance yesterday. I enjoyed that.

..The Allnighter