Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rolling Stones

Default Re: The Rolling Stones

I've been waiting for this! Was fortunate enough to see them in the 80's, but definitely want to see them again before they retire... not that they ever will!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I"m sorry there just are some things that are important.....and paying for concert tickets great ones is rifght up there with morgage and lights and gas in the car. some people et that and some people just dont and I feel sorry for those who dont get it ...lol

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well tt - try not to grieve too hard for me, but I don't really have much desire to see the Stones. Although I appreciate their greatness and have an immense respect for their longevity, I've never been a huge fan of their music. Therefore, I can't justify paying their tickets prices to see a show where I don't love the music. Only one band gets that much money out of me.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Hey I agree ..I'd only pay to see the eagles. I am not a stones fan myself but If a stones fan wanted to go they should and have the best seats and best concert experience just like we do as eagles fans. Thats what I ment. If you love a band , life is too short and you should go and see who you love and do what you love.jmo

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    I"m sorry there just are some things that are important.....and paying for concert tickets great ones is rifght up there with morgage and lights and gas in the car. some people et that and some people just dont and I feel sorry for those who dont get it ...lol
    WOW--seriously? I'm afraid I totally disagree with you here and hope that you might actually be joking. There is NO concert ticket that's ever been worth enough to me to rank it up there as being as important as our mortgage payment, our car payments or our utilities. And anyone who knows me, knows how much my music means to me but there's no way in hell I'd ever let my other bills slide just to buy a concert ticket. My priorities are a bit different I guess.

This is my husband's favorite group and we might have to watch to see what happens and hit another of their shows. We've seen them a couple of times (in the 80s and forward) and he saw them once in the 70s before we met while still in high school. They put on a fantastic show. Mick Jagger freaking amazes me how much energy he still has!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

TBF, I totally agree!

I've only seen the Stones once, but it was an amazing show and I'd love to get to see them again, but with the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac possibly touring next year too, we'll just have to see if there's any money left for them!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yeah, my thing about concerts is that the good ones are important enough to spend a lot of my extra money on, post-bills. Like, I go to concerts instead of taking a vacation or buying a new computer, luxuries like that.

You know, I had an online acquaintance - a Stevie Nicks fan - who spent all her money on going to Stevie's shows and actually had her electricity turned off as a result. Another Stevie fan who posted on the main FM message board said that he quit his job in order to take time off to travel around and see multiple shows. One of the girls I travel with to see Stevie is spending money she doesn't have, I suspect. She's been unemployed for a year and living off of her parents, but still she's spending thousands of dollars a year to see Stevie and go to events around the country. She's younger and I've talked to her about how even Stevie isn't worth getting into a lot of debt. I actually said, "I'm sure Stevie wouldn't want you to bankrupt yourself for her" (ok, that was schmaltzy, but I figured it might get through to her)! She agreed and assured me she's got it under control, and I guess in the end it's none of my business. Recently, though, she admitted her parents have threatened to cut her off, so I think it might be coming back to bite her!

As much fun as they're having, I'm not sure they're making wise decisions, to put it mildly. They can do what they want with their money, of course, but there are occasions when a person should exercise restraint. I know, it's easy for me to say - I can afford to travel around as a single girl without the expenses of family - but I believe if I had those expenses, I'd take care of them first.

While it's been my observation that even hardcore Eagles fans are a lot less extreme than hardcore Stevie fans as a rule, I heard a story - but don't have firsthand knowledge - about a lady whose husband used her obsession with the Eagles as grounds for a divorce.

We love our guys, but you gotta keep it in perspective.

But I know, as excited as TT gets, her hubby makes sure they don't overspend on concert tickets - aren't I right, TT?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

How about these ticket prices?! OMG!

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=768461

I for one, won't be going!

And they must not mind YT too much! Here's their new song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPFGW...mg_et=71593898

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    How about these ticket prices?! OMG!

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=768461

I for one, won't be going!
    Are you talking about the normal ones or the reseller (ie scalper) ones?

And I like the new song! I wasn't planning on buying the new GH album but maybe I will after all... or at least this song off of iTunes.

Yay Rolling Stones!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten