Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cat Stevens

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Cat Stevens

PM-when I heard this the first time, I also thought of you.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thanks you guys! It's such a catchy tune, isn't it? Willie, I think it would be a good one for that Kid's rock cd you were going to make!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

PM, I thought of you today! I was going through my concert dvds, and I found one of Cat Stevens that I had never watched. I decided I must watch it, and I'm so glad I did! It brought back so many memories-I used to listen to Cat a lot during my college years...this dvd was from a concert in 1976. The dvd even came with a miniature version of the tour program from that year, which I thought was an excellent idea to include!

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    PM, I thought of you today! I was going through my concert dvds, and I found one of Cat Stevens that I had never watched. I decided I must watch it, and I'm so glad I did! It brought back so many memories-I used to listen to Cat a lot during my college years...this dvd was from a concert in 1976. The dvd even came with a miniature version of the tour program from that year, which I thought was an excellent idea to include!
    Stars, that sounds like the Majikat dvd. I bought it earlier this year and just love it! He's so into the music and he look's great!
    ~ Cathy ~

You're right, PM, it was the Majikat DVD! I loved watching that old concert from 1976, and also enjoyed the present day interview with Yusaf!

Stuck on the Border

Look, PM:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...22/2879646.htm

While waiting endlessly for the Eagles this seems like a very safe bet, depending on where he plays (my guess is the State Theatre in Sydney).

ETA: 5 minutes after I wrote this I got an email from the Sydney Morning Herald pre-sale offer. So I booked. It's on June 23 at the Entertainment Centre.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-21-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Oh FP---Cathy is going to be so happy for you and herself to hear a first hand account of this event!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

FP, this is great news! I didn't think he would ever go back to singing "the hits" again!

I must say, since you never got back to this thread with your thoughts on Roadsinger, I was afraid you didn't like it. Maybe you don't. But this is good to hear. Now I have to hope that he will tour the states too. Thank you!
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 07-08-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border

I knew you would ask me that and I must apologise for not getting back. I played it in the car, but then what happens is I tend to wait for tracks to show up on the iPod (and most of them haven't). Looking at the track listing now, some of them are quite short, and I found it hard to get a real sense of them. I absolutely love the title track, I can tell you that. I like Thinking 'Bout You as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I knew you would ask me that and I must apologise for not getting back. I played it in the car, but then what happens is I tend to wait for tracks to show up on the iPod (and most of them haven't). Looking at the track listing now, some of them are quite short, and I found it hard to get a real sense of them. I absolutely love the title track, I can tell you that. I like Thinking 'Bout You as well.
    Well, this really opens up a whole other topic, but I'm surprised that you don't listen to a new album until you get a real sense of it and then start listening to it on the Ipod (shuffle). I wonder what everybody else does?
    ~ Cathy ~