Thread: Cool "single" record find

Default Cool "single" record find

Went to Weird Harold's in Burlington, IA yesterday.

They are such a widely recognized vinyl store they are emptied out of the stuff I want (which apparently I'm not alone!!!) but I found this sole little record under a record separator named "Don Henley". It was 1 dollar. I felt Don was worth it.

It's a single of ASWTDID, 2 different mixes of it. I figure it was a fair price for a cool piece. Obviously not rare being only a dollar but not something you see all the time in person in stores (at least I don't). I have yet to listen to it so I'll report back tomorrow when I do. Though I think I've heard the song once before.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Cool "single" record find

Good find! Yeah, I think you paid a decent price. I wonder if there are any particularly noticeable differences between the two mixes of the song?

Beneath the familiar title I noticed the second line. I used Google translate to find out what 'ella solo quiere bailar' meant which I think literally translates as Spanish for 'She just wants to dance'. Makes me wonder if this edition of the single was released in a Spanish speaking market? The cover is certainly different from the 'newspaper' version I'm more familiar with, as shown on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Sh...to_Do_Is_Dance

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Great find, Austin. Can't wait to hear your thoughts after you give it a listen.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

So upon further research, the album was pressed and made for the Canadian market. How it made it to Iowa, who knows. The way I can tell it's from the Canada plant is by the wording on the front. There are some other foreign countries (to the US) that pressed it or a similar record but have different wording than "Specially Priced Maxi Single". So basically it's a Canadian record manufactured and distributed by WEA Music of Canada for Geffen Records in 1985. Quality Records Limited is the presser. Ever Reddy is the printer.

I listened to it and rather than being just a copy of the single as we know it on the BTPB album, it's two remixes back to back. The "Extended Dance Remix" and the "Dubb Remix"..the first one is pretty similar to the first one. The second one is definitely a twist on the original. It's a cool piece to have. I'm ok with it not being the original song, because I have BTPB on vinyl and iTunes, so I'm good.

This is a definitely a great find. I didn't know there were remixes of this song. Even though it was only a $1, I wouldn't be surprised if this is rare. Is the one with the Spanish title more Latin-sounding? For a second I thought maybe Henley sang it in Spanish. (like Justin Bieber on "Despacito" ).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Great find WF.