Page 88 of 129 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Here's a video of Joe talking about Glenn at the Vegas show. Probably the 18th show.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_vCpmhX40g[/ame]

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Thanks for that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Jack's tribute version of POMPOY is very poignant. And I also loved Joe's comments about Glenn. I think these two guys (Jack and Joe) had a genuine affection for Glenn and I'm sure they both miss their friend deeply.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I didn't now their was another Las Vegas. I looked up Las Vegas, New Mexico and its 60 miles east of Santa Fe. That was a funny story.

That was nice of Joe to say something on Glenn's anniversary of his death. I wonder what he said before the person started the video. I love hearing stories about Glenn and you can see how much Joe loved and respected Glenn.

Jack's version of POMPOY was beautiful.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I know I'm way late here, but I wanted to say that as I was traveling home on the 18th Glenn was very much in my thoughts. I saw the news about 4:45 pm on facebook that day. My daughter also texted me just as I saw it online as she knew I would want to know. First I thought it was a hoax, as I'd seen many there before. But with checking sites out and finding the same news I began to believe it. I tried to come here, but I don't think I could get in then as the site had crashed. I told my husband and we decided we would listen to Glenn's music as a special memorium. Many tears...

A year has passed and it still doesn't quite seem possible that he's gone. This weekend with my fellow Borders was such a wonderful time to talk and remember Glenn. I had planned to listen to him as I was driving on my way home from the airport, but alas, forgot my ipod in a different purse, which I had purposely set up for my drive! Thankfully, I have Sirius xm on my car radio and kept switching stations trying to find Glenn's or Eagles music. Finally, a dj mentioned that it was a year ago that Glenn passed and they would play a song in his memory. Tequila Sunrise! Perfect!

So, we must move on, but he will never be forgotten. We have his music!

ETA: Jack's and Bob's songs are so beautiful and you can tell how much they loved him in their voices.

ETA: Must Add: I'm sorry I couldn't get here earlier, this is a horribly busy time for me at home and at work....year end reports, auditing, birthday's, etc! Note to self to not take vacations in January! My desk was a disaster when I returned Monday!
    Last edited by Brooke; 01-24-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

We saw an Eagles tribute band (Eaglemania) last nite. The opening act, a local singer/songwriter did an amazing new song that tries to explain how it felt to lose so much last year. It's called 16 going on 17. He also did a beautiful, haunting acoustic version of "It's Your World Now" which left me in tears. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckKxhDH_yDI[/ame]
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    We saw an Eagles tribute band (Eaglemania) last nite. The opening act, a local singer/songwriter did an amazing new song that tries to explain how it felt to lose so much last year. It's called 16 going on 17. He also did a beautiful, haunting acoustic version of "It's Your World Now" which left me in tears.https://youtu.be/ckKxhDH_yDI

Absolutely amazing. Thank you for linking to that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow! Thanks for sharing this, Molly. What a great song - this guy is very talented ... I would love to have heard his version of It's Your World Now.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    We saw an Eagles tribute band (Eaglemania) last nite. The opening act, a local singer/songwriter did an amazing new song that tries to explain how it felt to lose so much last year. It's called 16 going on 17. He also did a beautiful, haunting acoustic version of "It's Your World Now" which left me in tears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckKxhDH_yDI
    Wow!!! I love this Ryan is an amazing talent what a beautiful song and the video is so well done You are truly fortunate to have seen him live. Thanks for posting!

Out on the Border

Listening on Long Road out of Eden.
    The lyrics and the music really gets to me.
    I played your When hell freezes over so many times that it broke into pieces.
    But there is someone missing, your voice in the world, Glenn.
    1972-73 I bought your music and since then it's a part of my life.
    I think of you every day, and wish you well where ever you are,
    still playing your guitar.