Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

I would love a DVD of the tour.

I have always wanted that new arrangement of Witchy Woman

I have been thinking about how Glenn and his family had a horrid Christmas too and possibly his birthday

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Having spent a Christmas with my dad dying in the hospital, I really feel for Cindy and the kids, especially Otis, since I know what it's like to lose a parent that young.

I kind of wish that we had a better time line to go on. Like when was he placed into a coma? Maybe, after the funeral, a few more details might be released.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I would like that too.

I know it is a personal private matter but as a super fan I just want to know more more more

Glenn being the youngest Eagle I am sure all the rest are feeling their mortality.

Joe has said many times that he credits Eagles for him still being alive. I bet he is taking this super hard

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Having spent a Christmas with my dad dying in the hospital, I really feel for Cindy and the kids, especially Otis, since I know what it's like to lose a parent that young.

I kind of wish that we had a better time line to go on. Like when was he placed into a coma? Maybe, after the funeral, a few more details might be released.
    Given that the doctors 'threw up their hands' a month ago I would say since before Christmas.

I don't really believe that any more details than this will be given.

I wish it hadn't been phrased that way "threw up their hands"

it just seems so harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Thanks, Deb. Virginia Beach, Friday. You mentioned Springsteen, hell of a tribute, especially when the violinist joined in.
    \

Agree, Bruce did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    I wish it hadn't been phrased that way "threw up their hands"

it just seems so harsh
    JMO, but that was just Bob Seger's words, right? Maybe we should not take that literally. Usually the family is involved in making that very personal decision about how long to continue. We don't know, and probably will never know, how awful the situation might have been.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by deb828 View Post
    JMO, but that was just Bob Seger's words, right? Maybe we should not take that literally. Usually the family is involved in making that very personal decision about how long to continue. We don't know, and probably will never know, how awful the situation might have been.
    I imagine the "threw up their hands" phrase might refer to Glenn not being able to tolerate being taken off the ventilator. The longer a person is on a mechanical ventilator the more "dependent" they become. There's a window of time that the docs will aggressively try to wean a person from a ventilator...sounds like they tried and Glenn just couldn't do it.
    [

its just too horrible to imagine.

and to think-we just thought "oh he'll have surgery and be back to normal-we'll see them next year at Kennedy Center Honors"

Stuck on the Border

I haven't been here on the Border in a very long time. Life got in the way, I suppose. I hate, hate HATE that Glenn's passing is the reason I found my way back.

I buried my mom on Friday, January 15th after a long 10 year battle with Alzheimer's and heart disease. It came as sort of a relief that she went, and I take immense comfort knowing she's with my son now. People were commenting on how strong I was, and how well I was "holding it together" - but Monday afternoon, getting the news of Glenn's passing just did me in. My legs literally gave out and I sat and cried for an hour straight.

So much has changed in such a short time. So many people I love gone.

Glenn's music has been such a source of solace for me the last couple of years, and it seems so unfair that listening to it now is so painful. But, I certainly keenly aware that time heals. Every day, I feel like listening to music again, feel like talking about it more.

The world has changed for me a lot in the past 2 years, as it has changed for all of us here this past week. We'll never get "over it" - we'll all just learn to live with it....more so, we'll begin to celebrate and be grateful for what we had.
    [