Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

What a great interview! I just loved that! He sounds so natural and at ease!

So, he mentioned doing some tv for this album. I assume that was for the Today Show? Wish there were more!

I have to say I'm one of those that he said he hoped would buy the album, listen to it, and go "What?" I already know what it is, but I'm still thinking "What? This is Glenn Frey?" lol

Thanks again, VA!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

He sounded great, and the little song snipped he sang live made me smile. I remember my mom singing that all the time around the house and there's times she still does.

I'm thinking about getting her and my aunt each a copy of the CD for Mother's Day. My aunt is 86 now and she loved this music growing up. She even went to see Sinatra in concert during WWII.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THE INTERVIEW...I LOVE TO HEAR HIM TALK...HE SEEMS TO BE HAVING FUN!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I listened to both the interviews tonight and can really echo what everybody else has said! Glenn sounded wonderful, really upbeat and enthuiastic about the album and its release and the concerts he will be giving. He also sounded casual and natural.

I sincerely hope taking it to England and Europe does indeed mean that we will finally have a few solo gigs this side of the pond. It would be strange that he would try to promote it without some type of performance.

He also commented to the effect that he had 'really just mapped out the month of May' I don't know if thats all the touring he plans, but to me it (hopefully) suggests that he still has to map out the summer months. So maybe there are a few more dates in the offing!

Love the Chattanooga Choo Choo bit! Dad loved Glenn Miller and used to play his stuff quite a bit when we were younger!

Great interview! Thanks for posting!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Well, now that I have picked myself off the floor.....

When they started playing I'll Be Around & then The Good Life I put my head in my hands out of sheer disbelief. I've never heard anything like that. As for the Chattanooga Choo Choo part & 'I don't usually drink this early/I don't usually SING this early'.... and sitting in his high chair singing along to the Andrews Sisters....

I'm trying to be calm here, but I think I'm going to be very hard to live with once this thing is released.

Let's HOPE for more dates. He did say he'd like to bring it to Miami.

And once again, I am going to have Route 66 in my head all day.

We live in exciting times.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We do indeed FP! Enjoy them! Savour them!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    When they started playing I'll Be Around & then The Good Life I put my head in my hands out of sheer disbelief. I've never heard anything like that.
    I hear ya. On the first one, my brows went up in pleased surprise and I smiled a big smile. When they played the clip of The Good Life, my mouth dropped open. I had to go back and replay it several times. Totally amazing.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Listening again, it was his mother who was singing along to the Andrews Sisters while he listened, obviously. His dad is 91 & his mother is 88; can you believe that?!

I liked their comments on Somebody; at least I got to see that played live (NB Glenn; some of those songs should still be in the Eagles setlist).

One thing that surprises me so far is that the story of the title track hasn't been told. I would have thought that Mark & Brian, of all people, would have remembered the song as he played it live on their show.

The two snippets have just got me hungry for more. Just perfect.

Okay, I'll admit that I've been a little skeptical about this project. I didn't think I'd like the musical style, but after hearing that interview, I'm sold. Those clips just sucked me in like a whirlpool.

He sounds just gorgeous on those clips. "Chatanooga Choo Choo" has special significance for me so to hear him sing a few lines of it was wonderful! I thought that I was excited before! I wasnn't sure whether I would like the songs that I had never heard, but from these clips I know that I am going to love any songs that Glenn sings in this style!

When he mentioned in the previous interview that he had 2 n's in his name because his mother loved Glenn Miller, I thought to myself that his mother had no idea that she was naming a future famous band "leader" when he was born. After all, Timothy says that he is their "fearless leader"!

Love, love, love these interviews. Makes me feel even worse that I am not going to be able to see one of his upcoming concerts.