Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Don and Stevie

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Excellent choices!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I think it's so great that Don and Stevie are still friends but I think it probably makes his wife nervous though.

Nancy.......I remember you talking about how "hot" Don and Stevie's dance during "Gold Dust Woman" was. I just saw them performing that on youtube and holy crap were you right! Wowzers!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Nancy.......I remember you talking about how "hot" Don and Stevie's dance during "Gold Dust Woman" was. I just saw them performing that on youtube and holy crap were you right! Wowzers!
    There's some major hotness going on in that video.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

I've already shared this with Soda, but I'm going to post this for everyone else, too.

My daughter Rachel is working on the yearbook staff at college and she has to lay out a page using pictures she took at a music concert at Montevallo. She has never done that before, so she asked me if I would pull out my old yearbook from the University of Alabama so she could look at their concert pages for inspiration. I haven't looked at that yearbook in many years, and it is from 1975 so we had a good time laughing at the clothes and hairstyles.
    I remember going to three concerts at school that year--Cheech & Chong --they were smoking, all right, and I'll give you three guesses what; Earth Wind & Fire; and Elton John, who was very talented and very hilarious wearing a chicken suit and HUGE glasses .

Then I turn the page and the headline says:
    Buckingham and Stephanie Nicks, January 28, 1975.
    There is Stevie Nicks, young, beautiful, thin, with headful of curly hair, wearing jeans, a long fringed vest, & a scarf around her neck, and playing the tamborine. Lindsey Buckingham is beside her, also very thin with a long dark curly fro. I was stunned! Rachel goes, "Mom, is that Stevie Nicks? That is so cool? Did you see her?" and I had to tell her no. I had no idea who they were at the time. Soda said that was the last concert they gave before joining Fleetwood Mac, and that the Alabama crowd loved them. Oh, I wish I had been there! Talk about a missed opportunity!

If Stevie ever tours with Don again, or I have a chance to see her solo and she does a M&G, I am taking my annual for her to autograph. I imagine she doesn't see that yearbook very often.

As I told DonFan, the performance photos from Buckingham Nicks' last concert are a rare treasure! It would be comparable to finding a high-quality, full-page spread of Longbranch Pennywhistle or Shiloh performing. EXTREMELY cool!!!

I have a partial bootleg of that concert on my old Buckingham Nicks site:

http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/fun/bootleg.html

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It was great to be able to hear that, Soda! Thanks!
    I didn't realize that Stevie recorded Rhiannon before she was with Fleetwood Mac. Or maybe she didn't record it--maybe they just played it live.

That old yearbook has another famous person in it--Sela Ward. I was a communications major--the school had just opened the communications/journalism school two years before, which is hard to believe--and Sela & I had a class together. She was a "senior beauty" and I was just a shy freshman, so we never actually talked, but she made an impression on me even then.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cool story DF! I'm so sorry you missed Stevie (Stephanie) and Lindsey back then. That would be fantastic to get her to autograph your book!

And you actually knew Sela Ward?! I've always thought she was just beautiful!

And it was great to hear that early version of Rhiannon, Soda!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I love how in that version of Rhiannon, she calls her a "WELCH witch." Perhaps she is the keeper of the jams and jellies?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I love how in that version of Rhiannon, she calls her a "WELCH witch." Perhaps she is the keeper of the jams and jellies?