Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Barnstorm Reunion?

Banned

Default Re: Another Barnstorm Reunion?

At last! It's on !

http://kdvr.com/2017/06/05/garth-bro...ver-in-august/

Dan Fogelberg, Joe Walsh & Barnstorm and Caribou Ranch will be inducted into the Colorado Music Hall of Fame on Sunday, Aug.13 at 7 p.m.

“The Rocky Mountain Way” celebration will include performances by Garth Brooks, Amy Grant & Vince Gill, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Randy Owen of Alabama, Big Head Todd & the Monsters, Richie Furay, Michael Martin Murphey, as well as additional surprise guests, organizers stated.

Joe Walsh & Barnstorm will also reunite for a special performance
    Walsh, Vitale and Passarelli constitute Barnstorm. I think Rocke Grace and Tom Stephenson may feel snubbed if they're not invited.

AFAIK, Walsh and Henley are both on Irving's Fogelberg tribute album. The tribute album has been in the works for several years, apparently held up buy a major band, worth waiting for, taking an extraordinarily long time to present their Fogelberg offering. I was kinda hoping that the entire Eagles band would be on it.

Dan's website has further good news;

MARK YOUR CALENDARS - The tribute concert will be at Fiddler's Green in Colorado, on Dan's birthday - Sunday, August 13th. During the concert, Dan, Joe Walsh and Barnstorm, and Caribou Ranch will all be inducted into the Colorado Music Hall of Fame. The concert will be filmed by PBS Soundstage. The concert DVD and the Tribute CD will be released together in November. This hasn't been announced yet, so don't go looking for tickets, we'll let you know when they're available...
    Last edited by Funk 50; 06-05-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Ok, thanks. I guess I was getting confused; I know there is a live Dan Fogelberg cd being released as well.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Producer Bill "oh crap how do you spell his name again" Szymczyk will be getting a special award at this ceremony.

Sounds like it's going to be incredibly cool. I imagine James Guercio will be there.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Ok, thanks. I guess I was getting confused; I know there is a live Dan Fogelberg cd being released as well.
    The live cd just came out a few weeks ago. I believe it's a two cd set recorded in 1979 at Carnegie Hall. It's just Dan and his guitars and piano and judging from the few tracks I've heard, it sounds fantastic!

Thanks, scottside, that's good to know. It's nice that he's still being remembered and celebrated.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Banned

Fogelberg's website now has ticket news.

http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.htm...t=Refresh+Page

I'm looking forward to hearing Joe talking about it. Good to see Bill Szymczyk getting an acknowledgement too.

I'm not sure what to expect from Barnstorm. Obviously Rocky Mountain Way will be played but I fear they'll be a dozen or more artists on stage when they perform it.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Fogelberg's website now has ticket news.

http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.htm...t=Refresh+Page

I'm looking forward to hearing Joe talking about it. Good to see Bill Szymczyk getting an acknowledgement too.

I'm not sure what to expect from Barnstorm. Obviously Rocky Mountain Way will be played but I fear they'll be a dozen or more artists on stage when they perform it.
    Yep, my fear too. Joe loves those big bands these days. Background vocalists, etc.... I will allow a keyboard player or two but anything more than that would suck.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Banned

It shouldn't be too difficult to guess what songs Barnstorm are going to perform. They only made two albums. I believe Mother Says was the first track to be recorded at Caribou Ranch so that's a likely choice.

Discounting The James Gang tracks, a Barnstorm set list would include Meadows, Dreams, Rocky Mountain Way and Turn To Stone.

Welcome To The Club, County Fair, Life Of Illusion and most recently And The Band Played On from Analog Man album, are later, Walsh songs that are performed by the Barnstorm guys.

I love The Smoker You Drink The Player You Get but I love Barnstorm even more. If they played a large percentage of that album would have me turning flips

They also all played with Dan Fogelberg, so I'd kinda expect them to contribute to that part of the show too.

Banned

According to bassist, Kenny Passarelli, Barnstorm are due to play two songs at the Colarado Music Hall Of Fame Induction but he thinks that they may play more. He's had a fretless bass dispatched for the occasion. The trio of Walsh, Vitale and Passarelli will be augmented on stage with Tom Bukovic (guitar) and probably Jimmy Wallace (keyboards) from Joe's current touring band, (Kenny names him Jimmy Kelly). I'm kinda disappointed that Barnstorm will have a second guitar player.

Original keyboard player, Rocke Grace, who has a writing credit on Rocky Mountain Way and also wrote the wonderful instrumental Midnight Moodies from The Smoker You Drink The Player You Get album seems to have been edged out of the Barnstorm story. They hired a second keyboard player, Tom Stephenson too, not to mention Paul Harris' contribution to their first album.

I've been hoping for a Barnstorm reunion for decades but I'm really not as excited as I think I should be.

I'll still be on the look out for any audio/visual transcripts of the show

There are some big names on the bill and there will definitely be some major unannounced guests appearing too, which neither Kenny, his annoying co interviewee, Jim Guercio of Caribou Ranch, or interviewer Ron, could mention.

http://coloradosound.org/ (30min interview)

Damn. I had a feeling Rocke was left out. If this is true & Joe does play w/more than just the 3 of them, Vitale, Kenny & Himself, it's not a proper reunion. It sucks that Joe is so against 3 piece bands these days. When he had background singers for the James Gang, I wanted to cry.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69