Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    The tickets for the Classic East/West were quite expensive and alot of fans who really just wanted to see the Eagles or vice versa Fleetwood Mac were pissed off they were initially forced to buy two day passes when if they had waited they could have bought a one day pass.
    Those two day tickets had a top price of $2,500 and were not selling. People were doing a lot of bitching about the high ticket prices. In fact, It's just my opinion, but I think the reason they eventually sold separate tickets for each day was because they were not selling out. I remember checking both sites(E/W) and the ticket sales did not pick up until they did that. When I checked about 10 days before the West concert they still had not sold out. I think they both eventually both sold out.

@NKIT-- Sky's the limit for the Nashville tickets. I couldn't find any cheaper than $165 at Stubhub when I checked just now. Unreal.

I heard some rumors about a Birmingham show, but if it's at the Alys Stephens Center on the UAB campus, great venue, but not as many seats as at the civic center, so I'm sure the tickets would be priced accordingly.

In reply to someone (can't think who) who asked about Vince Gill's concert ticket prices. I saw him in Huntsville about 10 years ago and tickets were $40 for fourth row, floor seating in the concert hall at the Von Braun Center. They were great seats, and that's the smaller venue at the VBC. There's also the arena, which seats 9-10,000. So his tickets have always been very reasonable.

Concert tickets are completely out of sight, price wise. Unless I win the lottery, I don't see myself going to another one any time soon.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @NKIT-- Sky's the limit for the Nashville tickets. I couldn't find any cheaper than $165 at Stubhub when I checked just now. Unreal.

I heard some rumors about a Birmingham show, but if it's at the Alys Stephens Center on the UAB campus, great venue, but not as many seats as at the civic center, so I'm sure the tickets would be priced accordingly.

In reply to someone (can't think who) who asked about Vince Gill's concert ticket prices. I saw him in Huntsville about 10 years ago and tickets were $40 for fourth row, floor seating in the concert hall at the Von Braun Center. They were great seats, and that's the smaller venue at the VBC. There's also the arena, which seats 9-10,000. So his tickets have always been very reasonable.

Concert tickets are completely out of sight, price wise. Unless I win the lottery, I don't see myself going to another one any time soon.
    Pippin - You are right the prices really are crazy. I had wanted to see Joe this summer when he opened for Tom Petty. However, the cheapest ticket I could find was $300.00, which I could not afford.

PS - It was me who asked about Vince and his ticket prices. Thanks for answering my question.

Border Desperado

It is really an issue of pricing your fans out of going.
    I think there is something to be said for knowing what you can get, and knowing what you should get. When you sell out every arena, you aren't in a money crunch. I just looked at Garth Brooks prices for Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, on Dec. 22. It has tickets listed as 63.65. If it's the way Garth typically does for his concerts, that price is the same for all seats.
    And Garth is way bigger than the Eagles right now. He could easily charge outrageous prices, but has always cared about his fans.
    When I saw him in 1996, every ticket in the arena was 20.00. He has always tried to stay in the lower range of ticket prices. That may be why he does 3 and 4 shows at every venue, and sells out in 20 minutes. He's a great singer, and doesn't try to gouge the fans.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I will say when we tried to see Garth too it was more of how fast those tickets sold out than the prices. They even added 2 extra dates but they sold out too fast too, and of course I think some were bots so it wasn't really people buying them.

And I have seen Vince twice and they were very reasonable prices, but again that is the country genre. Like I said in my other post they seem to care more about their fans and probably demographically it makes sense to have the country concerts more affordable. And a lot of the younger country and alt-rock artists I listen to too don't usually charge that much but again they aren't as famous.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

When I saw Vince 12 years ago, I paid 60. Yeah. The country genre is usually cheap unless you're Taylor Swift.

I'm lucky that New Orleans is cheap. I really don't care about front row or lower seats close to the stage. I just want to be there. My ticket is going to be 96 (118 with all the taxes). And I think the 46 tickets sold out very quickly. So I went with the second lowest. Its high, but at this moment it didn't matter.

I complain about the tickets being too high when Glenn was alive and that's what stopped me when Glenn was alive. I do want to say this because I was accused once. If Glenn was still alive and they toured last year when Glenn got better, I would had seen the show then too. I'm glad I got a better job that makes more money now because I was struggling for 10 years and I couldn't go nowhere out of town.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado

Cost of one ticket .. decent seat, top of my 250 do-able range .. is more than what I recently paid combined for George Strait AND Lionel Richie shows in Las Vegas. Still looking at various sites for more afforable but still decent seats for my group

They charge as much as people are willing to pay. It's as simple as that.

They have fans who are willing to spend that kind of money to see them, so they charge high prices and still successfully sell tickets to those fans. If enough people stopped buying at those prices, they would lower them (as we saw with the Classic Easr/West). Until then, they have no reason to lower prices, except out of the goodness of their hearts or something. (Ha!)

Pure economics. They charge what the market will bear.

ETA: I think there was a time when they worried about looking bad, and didn't charge those kind of prices at the very top levels except for VIP, so I guess it is fair to say something has changed in that they no longer are concerned about that. Maybe Glenn's death?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    They charge as much as people are willing to pay. It's as simple as that.

They have fans who are willing to spend that kind of money to see them, so they charge high prices and still successfully sell tickets to those fans. If enough people stopped buying at those prices, they would lower them (as we saw with the Classic Easr/West). Until then, they have no reason to lower prices, except out of the goodness of their hearts or something. (Ha!)

Pure economics. They charge what the market will bear.

ETA: I think there was a time when they worried about looking bad, and didn't charge those kind of prices at the very top levels except for VIP, so I guess it is fair to say something has changed in that they no longer are concerned about that. Maybe Glenn's death?
    Spot on Soda - the value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it. Supply and demand.

If they can charge $200 a seat and still sell out a 15,000 seat arena then why shouldn't they go for it?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Spot on Soda - the value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it. Supply and demand.

If they can charge $200 a seat and still sell out a 15,000 seat arena then why shouldn't they go for it?
    Because it isn't the real 'Eagles'. The prices should now be lower, not higher.

On their last proper tour here they charged more than any act I have ever seen, Paul McCartney included. I now regret the amount of money I spent, given that it meant subjecting myself to their absurd camera & security policies. I had already decided I would never see them again. But that is a separate issue.