Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Viejas Arena, San Diego, October 4, 2014

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Viejas Arena, San Diego, October 4, 2014

Thanks for your wonderful review, MC. Glad you had another great Eagles concert experience. I'm a little short on time right now, so I can't comment on all that I'd like to, but looking forward to catching up on this thread later.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks for the review MC - I always prefer our own reviews and comments to the ones the papers post. Delighted to hear all of the guys are in top form. Maybe they will continue the tour after Australia if things are going so well for them.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    It's late, but I wanted to get everything down.

I think the band sort of took on the sunny San Diego laid-back vibe, they seemed very relaxed and happy, yet vigorous and energetic. Nobody seemed sick, except Glenn did have a sneezing, runny nose issue at one point that lasted for a bit, but not when he needed to sing.

I'll start with Glenn - his voice was excellent, very strong. Hit all of the high notes in NKIT, really superb. Really could not have sounded better. No comment on his attire - the same. All of the jokes came out, as did "that's damn funny", which I think is funny. Glenn's faux-Spanish accent when introducing TBS, "from Sacrrraaamennto, Caleeefornya" is good, too. When he was introduced he did lots of the hilarious Detroit dancing, and then exhorted the crowd to clap more for his moves. He stuck in a "bitch" after "a rich old man, she won't have to worry," and everyone laughed. He spoke very kindly about Randy before TITTL.
    Thanks for the review, but the word usually added by Glenn here is 'much'. Are you sure he said 'bitch'?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Thanks for the review, but the word usually added by Glenn here is 'much'. Are you sure he said 'bitch'?
    I wondered the same thing! At one of the earlier concerts, I can't remember if it was NYC or Des Moines, he said something and I assumed it was 'much', but I remember thinking at the time that something was off about it. I'm definitely going to pay attention on Saturday!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

MC. I have noticed a Timothy put something on Scotty's symbol several times.
    Sooo funny. I think he is a little prankster

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

"Much" sounds like it would be more likely, but when everyone around me burst out laughing, I asked, "what?" and the guy next to me said he said "bitch," which surprised me. Doesn't sound like something Glenn would say on stage. Perhaps it just wasn't clear what he said, but the crowd reaction made it seem like more than "much." I will retract my account of this pending VA's show, because I'm guessing FP is right. If he in fact did say that word, I'll reinstate that part!!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    MC. I have noticed a Timothy put something on Scotty's symbol several times.
    Sooo funny. I think he is a little prankster
    That's what I thought. The cynical side of me (how could I be cynical about ANYTHING TBS does??!!) wonders if this is just another scripted moment in their very tightly coreographed show. I know it happened when Joe was talking for sort of a long time, either before LBG or Funk. VA, just keep your eye on TBS when he's hanging out back in the shadows waiting for Joe to finish talking.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Thanks great review and glad you had fun

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I would agree that I have heard him say 'Much'. I don't genuinely think he would say 'bitch'. Its possible he was misinterpreted.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Don - ditto on the voice. His voice was not "hoarse" or "raspy" as some reviewers remark - it was strong and clear. I mean, it was his unique Don Henley voice, but the best version of it. Really, really good. His falsetto on OOTN was really crazy - it was pitch perfect. Plaid shirts? Hair and goatee looked good.
    I know I'm biased but this was my favourite part of your review!!!

Thanks MC
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...