Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walden Woods Benefit, Wang Theater, Boston, MA - 9/16/2014

Default Re: Walden Woods Benefit, Wang Theater, Boston, MA - 9/16/2014

What great stories. That poor waitress, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

So Tuesday night at Citicenter. It started out as having plans to meet Flojo and her husband at the lounge in their hotel.. We were staying at a hotel across town that was closer to the TD Garden and Flojo was staying at the hotel near the citicenter. I was not in their hotel lounge any more than like two minutes and I get a text from flojo - she bumped into Glenn! And he gave her a kiss! I told my husband I was leaving the lounge to find them- maybe I would see Glenn or one of the Eagles! But no, it was not meant to be. It was so nice that Glenn remembered them and was so kind.
    We went to the show and we recognized a lot of people from the Monday night show who were sitting near us.
    Flojo and I had really thought they would mix up the setlist for this show as it was really Don's night and they had just played in Boston the night before. I was so happy when the opener was How Long and thought we were off to a great start, but overall they did an abbreviated history tour set with the exception of Dirty Laundry being sung.
    Although there were a lot of hard core Eagle fans, I would not say everyone was familiar with the Eagles policies, there was a lot of cell phone usage, people standing in the aisle to line up a picture, Walking the aisles etc, rather annoying and distracting.
    Glenn did, at one point during the set, actually look down at someone in the front and say ' Unless you're a doctor, turn that thing off" Don stopped a song as well to deliver a message to turn off a phone as well.
    Joe told a little story about how the Turkey was narrowly outvoted on becoming the national bird and if the Turkey had won, they would have been called the Turkeys and not the Eagles. Of course Glenn's famous jokes made their way into the show as well. I feel like he does it on purpose at this point. They sounded great though in that venue so that was a treat.
    Don gave a nice speech and did a great job as Master of Ceremony. It was not a really dragged out presentation which was nice. Robert Redford gave a nice speech for his acceptance for the award.

And yes to top it off- We saw Robert Redford back at the hotel lounge after the show, and my Husband was saynig "congratulations Mr. Redford" as he walked by us- I am saying to my husband "stop it" I get so flustered around the famous, I was just dumbstruck because Robert Redford was sitting right near me and I did not even know it!

Here's something really cool though- we just rented the new Captain America Movie, its on now as I am writing this and who is in it ROBERT REDFORD! We just had a good laugh over it as neither of us knew he was in it!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Flojo ran in to Glenn and got a kiss? Can't wait to hear more about that!

Thanks for your reviews maryc and zanny! Glad you had a good time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten