Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Eagle is Stevie Nicks singing about?

Default Re: Which Eagle is Stevie Nicks singing about?

"Get over it" and "Best Friend" make me think it is Don. When she was freaking out after 9/11, besides her mother, isn't Don the person she reached out to? Then again, many times the Eagles are thought of collectively so it could be about both Don and Joe.

She seems to be very open when interviewed. Most recently she confirmed her song "Sara" alluded to her unborn child fathered by Don. I bet if a reporter asked if it was Don or Joe, she would answer honestly.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Roey View Post

She seems to be very open when interviewed. Most recently she confirmed her song "Sara" alluded to her unborn child fathered by Don. I bet if a reporter asked if it was Don or Joe, she would answer honestly.
    I read that and I couldn't believe she would talk about that. I bet Don was cringing if he heard about it being discussed since he is usually so closed mouth about personal stuff. I just couldn't talk about such a horrible thing as abortion, but I'd have never aborted a child either.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Don cringing? He was the reason it was brought up! She was asked about what Don had said regarding the abortion and the song "Sara". She confirmed that Don was telling the truth and moved on. Sadly, in this click-bait society, that was distorted into a headline implying she had done a lot more than that.

Most people just read the headline and condemned her, never realizing she had only confirmed Don's statement when asked, and that she had said nothing further on the matter.

If anything, it probably reopened Don's feelings of guilt and regret since he was the one who revealed to the press that Stevie had aborted their child. She had told almost no one. Even their producer didn't know about it. She tried hard to keep it that way, but Don apparently didn't realize it was a secret.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Don cringing? He was the reason it was brought up! She was asked about what Don had said regarding the abortion and the song "Sara". She confirmed that Don was telling the truth and moved on. Sadly, in this click-bait society, that was distorted into a headline implying she had done a lot more than that.

Most people just read the headline and condemned her, never realizing she had only confirmed Don's statement when asked, and that she had said nothing further on the matter.

If anything, it probably reopened Don's feelings of guilt and regret since he was the one who revealed to the press that Stevie had aborted their child. She had told almost no one. Even their producer didn't know about it. She tried hard to keep it that way, but Don apparently didn't realize it was a secret.
    It's pretty sad that news got out at all,even though one of the people involved let it out. That is such a private issue, I'm surprised she didn't tell Don not to say anything.

Yes. Don never would have said anything if he'd realized it was a secret. He apologized profusely to Stevie after he'd realized his blunder, but sadly at that point there was nothing he could do - the cat was out of the bag.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, I'd forgotten that Don was the one that told it. How unlike him to reveal something so personal and so terrible! Stevie must have been devastated when it all came out.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I read that and I couldn't believe she would talk about that. I bet Don was cringing if he heard about it being discussed since he is usually so closed mouth about personal stuff. I just couldn't talk about such a horrible thing as abortion, but I'd have never aborted a child either.
    Stevie often makes me cringe. Coming out and talking about her affair w/married Joe who had a toddler child at the time of their affair. I felt bad for Lucy.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Border Desperado

MV- I guess I never realized Joe was married at the time! Wow.

I'm very glad Stevie doesn't talk about Joe as much now in interviews. Their relationship was a train wreck that Stevie has romanticized. Let's just say Joe doesn't use the same flowery language when describing it. If this song is about him, I hope she never admits it.

Just looking over the liner notes, and both Don Henley and Joe Walsh get thanks, among others, for "inspiring" some of the songs on the album. Hmmm.....