Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

Default Re: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

I love this album too and I agree, it should have been just one disc!!
    I hope that the fact that they have left these songs and other newer/classic older songs out of the HOTE tour means that they will include them in a HOTE tour part 2 in a year or two
    I actually lost this album for about two years and just before I went to their concert here in June, it turned up - hows that for fate !

My favorite song here has to be WITW - it is just beautiful and the harmonies are great. Don's voice is just so sexy and mature!

Anyway, my dream one disc LROOE album would be (in no particular order):
    1) How long
    2) Busy being fabulous
    3) No more cloudy days
    4) Its your world now
    5) Long road out of Eden
    6) What do I do with my heart
    7) I don't want to hear anymore
    8 ) I dreamed there was no war
    9) Hole in the world
    10) Waiting in the weeds

That CD would never leave my car
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I adore so many songs on this album! Lacken, I have to clarify that Hole In The World is not on this album. If it were, it would be my favorite.

My favorite is What Do I Do With My Heart. Written by Don and Glenn, my favorite team of songwriters. Sung by Glenn and a lot of back and forth with Don on back up. So incredibly heartfelt, the lyrics, the melody, the arrangement, it all comes together to make one fantastic song. It's the only Eagles song that when it comes on the stereo, I hit 'repeat' at least three times. OOTN, NKIT, and TS usually only get 'repeat' hit twice, the difference is that I listen to those songs more often since they're on so many other albums.

I'm one of those that's glad it's two discs, because while one disc would have been enough, my favorites tend to be different than those cited by others. So if it had only been one disc, some of my favorites would probably have been left off.

On the long drive to PA tomorrow, I plan on listening to this. Looking forward to it!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I adore so many songs on this album! Lacken, I have to clarify that Hole In The World is not on this album. If it were, it would be my favorite.
    I thought I was going mad there for a minute as I knew that 'Hole in the world' was on this album so I got it out to look at it and discovered that it is a bonus song on the UK version of the album. Its the last song on the second disc.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Happy anniversary LROOE! I got this album from the music library on Tuesday and I'm enjoying it greatly. I'm not through with the second disc yet but here's my two cents so far: firstly this album is clearly the most mature they've made which I like a lot. Secondly the album has several very good or great songs but also a few unmemorable ones. Disc one strikes me as the stronger one I'm gonna like best but we'll see. The beginning of the second disc is superb and with the title track
    it contains the most substantial piece on the album. From Somebody onwards I'm just not sure yet. My favorites are currently You're Not Alone, LROOE and Do Something.

Happy birthday to LROOE!

Hard to believe it's been seven years since the "new" album came out. I'm just so glad they did this, and showed they still were creative and relevant. More power to them!!! I was listening to it in the car today and thinking how lucky we were, as fans, to get this album!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Happy anniversary LROOE! I love this album(well, I love all the Eagles' albums...) and I listen to it every chance I get.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Happy 7th Anniversary to LROOE.

I'm with VA. I love What Do I Do With My Heart. I think it's a great song. One of my favorite songs that Glenn and I love the lead vocals of Glenn and Don. I'm glad Don shared lead with two songs on the Album.

Speaking of HL, I was in Walmart buying a new camera after leaving it home and HL came on.

I actually love the disc 1.

My favorite songs are: How Long, What Do I Do With My Heart. LROOE, I Don't Want To Hear Anymore. You Are Not Alone and Waiting In The Weeds.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    I love this album too and I agree, it should have been just one disc!!
    I hope that the fact that they have left these songs and other newer/classic older songs out of the HOTE tour means that they will include them in a HOTE tour part 2 in a year or two
    I actually lost this album for about two years and just before I went to their concert here in June, it turned up - hows that for fate !

My favorite song here has to be WITW - it is just beautiful and the harmonies are great. Don's voice is just so sexy and mature!

Anyway, my dream one disc LROOE album would be (in no particular order):
    1) How long
    2) Busy being fabulous
    3) No more cloudy days
    4) Its your world now
    5) Long road out of Eden
    6) What do I do with my heart
    7) I don't want to hear anymore
    8 ) I dreamed there was no war
    9) Hole in the world
    10) Waiting in the weeds

That CD would never leave my car
    I'm with you on this CD, Lacken, but would substitute Hole in the world for Somebody. I know its very worthy and everything but the constant refrain grates on me - a bit like Don's ASWTDID (I know - sacrilege!!!)

Overall, however I really love LROOE
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

I've never considered HITW to be part of LROOE. It was a bonus track that had been recorded several years earlier.

I also don't agree that it should have been a single disc. It was Glenn who decided on a double disc, to his eternal credit. For me the best part of it, as a Glenn fan, was that after so many years - decades - he had a decent number of lead vocals, even if two of them are shared. His leads are my favourite tracks on the album apart from the title track, which I think is close to the best thing the band has ever done.

Border Desperado

A little late- But HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO LROOE!

Hard to believe this album is seven years old. The first time I listened to this album, I was not totally in love with it. It grew on me, and as previous poster mentioned, it is by far a more mature work for them. There are in fact some great songs on this album- just to name a few of mine- Waiting in the weeds, (can make me cry sometimes,) What Do I do with my heart, Busy Being Fabulous, How Long, No more cloudy days.
    I feel very fortunate to have seen the Eagles perform "How Long" at the Walden Woods Benefit in Boston this past September. I do wish the Eagles would have given this album more love in the doc and their current tour.