Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally a Member

Border Desperado Islander canuck's Avatar

Default Re: Finally a Member

Welcome!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome from me, too, PC! Love your name and hope you can find time to join in!

Sounds like your husband 'gets it', too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border Pink Champagne's Avatar

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! I guess you figured out my favorite color is pink haha! Not so sure my husband "gets it" as much as he just puts up with it - my "Eagles obsession" as he so lovingly calls it.

VA - yes, I do live in the Pittsburgh area. I assume you are originally from here? I was sorry to read about your issues at the Pittsburgh show. But, I was happy to see a fellow Pens fan on board! Don't know if you have been able to see any games at the Consol Arena. It may not be the greatest for concerts but it sure is an awesome place to watch hockey!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Champagne View Post
    Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! I guess you figured out my favorite color is pink haha! Not so sure my husband "gets it" as much as he just puts up with it - my "Eagles obsession" as he so lovingly calls it.

VA - yes, I do live in the Pittsburgh area. I assume you are originally from here? I was sorry to read about your issues at the Pittsburgh show. But, I was happy to see a fellow Pens fan on board! Don't know if you have been able to see any games at the Consol Arena. It may not be the greatest for concerts but it sure is an awesome place to watch hockey!
    I've only been there twice, Eagles this past summer and Seger in 2011, but yes, I was awed by how it would be a fantastic hockey arena! In the last 30 years, I've only seen the Pens when they played in DC. Now that I live in KY, well, thank God for Center Ice.

I grew up in Somerset, but I went to school "dahntahn" and lived on the "nore side" (Allegheny Center) back when it was still new.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! I guess you figured out my favorite color is pink haha! Not so sure my husband "gets it" as much as he just puts up with it - my "Eagles obsession" as he so call it !
    Similar here! My husband just let's me get on with it.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Hi Pink Champagne! OK, I'm a little slow on the uptake, and I thought you were telling us that you literally lost your virginity at the Eagles show! I was like, wow, this gal likes to partayyyy!

You've definitely got the fever, and some serious PEW! Welcome. Hopefully we'll all get to see another show on this tour.

Out on the Border Pink Champagne's Avatar

Oh my gosh - that is so funny!! Guess I should have clarified that it was my Eagles virginity hahahahahaha!! I'm sure most can remember the euphoria of seeing them for the first time. It is definitely a feeling that has stuck with me. I would love to see them again!

VA - I'm pretty sure I was at the Seger show you mentioned. Was it around Thanksgiving and he performed "Little Drummer Boy"? I know it sounds corny but that is one of my favorite Christmas songs and I was so elated to see him do it live! Love your references to the Pittsburgh accent - even though I feel it is not me but the rest of the world that has an accent lol!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, that's the concert I attended!! He said it was the first he'd ever done it live. It was a great concert, even though I sat so far back I never actually saw him!

Yes, the rest of the country does have a strange accent an'at.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Oh my gosh - that is so funny!! Guess I should have clarified that it was my Eagles virginity hahahahahaha!! I'm sure most can remember the euphoria of seeing them for the first time. It is definitely a feeling that has stuck with me. I would love to see them again
    Oh I'm with you PC! I know exactly what you mean, and replicated the first time I saw Glenn do a solo live show. Definitely Euphoria! I was on cloud 9 for ages afterwards.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP