Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

This critic never heard for himself what the band sounded like when Glenn Frey was alive so why even go there in terms of comparing the sound of the two versions?

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    This critic never heard for himself what the band sounded like when Glenn Frey was alive so why even go there in terms of comparing the sound of the two versions?

Precisely. He was unable to make a valid comparison.

It sounds very much like someone with a particular 'agenda' rather than a bona fide critic, which adds to the suspicion around some other reviews.

Presumably if there IS a bad review, there will be a link? I mean I'm not looking for reviews; the people who are in favour of this are.

A couple of comments in the Charlotte review thread jarred with me. But as I got into so much trouble recently for making an observation about another review thread, it would appear the only solution is not only to not read the reviews, but to not read those threads AT ALL.

It seems extremely sad & unfortunate that those who are against this can't even say that we disagree with anything posted in one of those threads without the likelihood of another tsumani brewing.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-13-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Super lame that they deleted the comments. The author must be insecure...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Like I suggested before, the fact that the reviewer says his lack of experience may cloud our views of his opinions - but apparently cannot make his own arguments any less valid - says a lot IMO. In other words, his lack of knowledge of what he's writing about is OUR problem if anyone's.
    Last edited by chaim; 04-14-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

This was brought up earlier and I do think it's very odd that not one review that I've seen so far going back to last year has a mention about how Lebowski 'hates the fuc#@&* Eagles'. And I don't recall reading one negative review. It does make you wonder why things that used to happen with a fair amount of frequency are non-existent now. I suppose it's because the band is so much cooler and better now. To borrow a word from Austin ... hogwash; my own word is bull crap!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It sure looks to me like Vince and Deacon and the horn and string sections of the band are doing a good job diverting attention away from shortcomings of Don and Joe, and Timothy but to a much lesser extent.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    This was brought up earlier and I do think it's very odd that not one review that I've seen so far going back to last year has a mention about how Lebowski 'hates the fuc#@&* Eagles'. And I don't recall reading one negative review. It does make you wonder why things that used to happen with a fair amount of frequency are non-existent now. I suppose it's because the band is so much cooler and better now. To borrow a word from Austin ... hogwash; my own word is bull crap!
    This is a fair point. There seems to be a much more positive view on the band recently. I think part of it is that many would be scared to criticize them because of Deacon being in the band and how it could come across rude with his dads passing. But it is definitely unfair that the current lineup is being given amazing reviews when the lineup with Glenn was not. Its ridiculous.

Stuck on the Border

There's an unpleasant and ignorant preview that includes the line "It’s a shame that the only dead Eagle is the one who is the easiest not to love" and then claims that all Eagles, past and present have more or less described Glenn as a "calculating, tyrannical bully". I was wondering how he could have gained this impression but realised it must come from reading - and believing - youtube comments! So there are still idiots out there.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    There's an unpleasant and ignorant preview that includes the line "It’s a shame that the only dead Eagle is the one who is the easiest not to love" and then claims that all Eagles, past and present have more or less described Glenn as a "calculating, tyrannical bully". I was wondering how he could have gained this impression but realised it must come from reading - and believing - youtube comments! So there are still idiots out there.
    It's getting really sick. Seems like dissing and/or downplaying Glenn is slowly becoming the new normal. What on earth happened??? Are those who say Glenn Frey was nothing and the band is better without him going to be the "true fans" in the future? What a musical dystopia.

Wow.

So this tour is not only an insult to Glenn figuratively, it's led to literal insults of Glenn on a regular basis.

From the beginning, though, it's been necessary for them to diminish him in order to build themselves up; they do it implicitly while others do it explicitly.

And that is strange that not one snide comment has been made in any of these reviews about the Eagles or Don Henley. Usually, at least a few of the reviews have to get a dig in or two about the band being too corporate/greedy or have to inject that stupid Lebowski reference, regardless of how well the music is played.

Odd.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten