Page 51 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Walsh Fan 88.....I can only speak for the experiences in my own life and I am fairly certain that my pastor, my beautician, the cashier at the grocery store, the gas station attendant, some life long friends and even some family members---all people in the real world---don't care whether I like or approve of the current band. If acquaintances in your life care how you feel about the current band members then your situation is very different than mine. Just because you don't acknowledge or accept something doesn't change the fact that it still exists. I was born in the 50's and started voting in the 70's. On more than one occasion I have felt like I didn't have a president. I am currently very concerned for the US.

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    Just because you don't acknowledge or accept something doesn't change the fact that it still exists.
    Perhaps, but you can forget that it exists and not acknowledge it. You can write it out of your memory. You can, for lack of a better word, pretend it doesn't exist. You can write your own history book, and if it makes you feel better, why not!

I feel like I have every right to say how I feel about the band now, and absolutely that can and likely might influence some people. If I can get through to one person, well, then it isn't a lost cause. I feel there is purpose to having this discussion. Otherwise, without this thread, it'd be all one sided. That's not cool.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Perhaps, but you can forget that it exists and not acknowledge it. You can write it out of your memory. You can, for lack of a better word, pretend it doesn't exist. You can write your own history book, and if it makes you feel better, why not!

I feel like I have every right to say how I feel about the band now, and absolutely that can and likely might influence some people. If I can get through to one person, well, then it isn't a lost cause. I feel there is purpose to having this discussion. Otherwise, without this thread, it'd be all one sided. That's not cool.
    I don’t see why you need to pretend it doesn’t exist. You oppose the new lineup. That’s perfectly fine and you should say your opinion on it. But I don’t think living a fantasy world is the answer. At least to me. I am sorry that the current situation has lead to you feeling this way

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I don’t see why you need to pretend it doesn’t exist. You oppose the new lineup. That’s perfectly fine and you should say your opinion on it. But I don’t think living a fantasy world is the answer. At least to me. I am sorry that the current situation has lead to you feeling this way
    There is nothing wrong with being imaginative, and being more "in your head". I've always been that way. More imaginative than practical and more idealistic than logical, and it's served me well. I've always lived more in my head as it helps me to deal with things better than facing reality, which has proven to be troublesome for me when the going gets bad, I can retreat and live in my head in, perhaps as you say, a "fantasy world". It's more beautiful there, to be frank.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    People who think I would be A-OK with the Eagles continuing if it were only Deacon just don't get it.

It's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey.

Notice that sentence does not say "It's not the Eagles without someone related to Glenn Frey."

Geez.
    I’m afraid that my question got turned into something. I was asking had Glenn approved of them continuing with Deacon, how would you feel. I think you said that has been answered and I am sorry for being repetitive. My goal on here is to have a deeper understanding of your opinions so that i can understand your sentiment. Feel free to not answer it all you want. Many have said they don’t care for me asking the question and although I’m dissapointed by that, this is your thread not mine and I have to respect that

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with being imaginative, and being more "in your head". I've always been that way. More imaginative than practical and more idealistic than logical, and it's served me well. I've always lived more in my head as it helps me to deal with things better than facing reality, which has proven to be troublesome for me when the going gets bad, I can retreat and live in my head in, perhaps as you say, a "fantasy world". It's more beautiful there, to be frank.
    I guess this is a iffy subject as it’s so personal so I’ll just drop the issue. If that’s how you live then it makes sense for you to live that way with the 3.0 lineup. I might disagree but it’s your life not mine

I guess this is a iffy subject as it’s so personal so I’ll just drop the issue. If that’s how you live then it makes sense for you to live that way with the 3.0 lineup. I might disagree but it’s your life not mine
    It's fine. Agree to disagree.

I'm very right brained, creative, and I think it's why I'm a musician. I'm a pretty sensitive person, introverted, yada yada yada. I'm more outspoken online (obviously ), but I'm much more reclusive and reserved in real life.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

I’m afraid that my question got turned into something. I was asking had Glenn approved of them continuing with Deacon, how would you feel. I think you said that has been answered and I am sorry for being repetitive. My goal on here is to have a deeper understanding of your opinions so that i can understand your sentiment. Feel free to not answer it all you want. Many have said they don’t care for me asking the question and although I’m dissapointed by that, this is your thread not mine and I have to respect that
    YEF - I think if you have read through this entire thread then you will see how we feel. I think these threads have long sense stated people's sentiments and opinions. This thread has been going on since March, which is unbelievable when you think that we are still talking/arguing over this nine months later. Just my opinion and two cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    YEF - I think if you have read through this entire thread then you will see how we feel. I think these threads have long sense stated people's sentiments and opinions. This thread has been going on since March, which is unbelievable when you think that we are still talking/arguing over this nine months later. Just my opinion and two cents worth.
    I understand NKIT. I do think that outside of newcomers, we should move past this thread. I’m guilty of some of this. I think a survivor game or just more conservation about the Eagles music would help.

Stuck on the Border

I understand NKIT. I do think that outside of newcomers, we should move past this thread. I’m guilty of some of this. I think a survivor game or just more conservation about the Eagles music would help.
    Well, I think this might surprise you, but I agree. As I have said earlier today, I think everything that can be said has been said and nothing will change either groups mind. Just my opinion....