The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Eagles Discussion Areas > On the Road with the Eagles > Tour Talk

Tour Talk Discuss generalized aspects of live Eagles-related shows.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:31 PM   #461
Dawn
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Lots of people are benefiting from Deacon becoming a touring member of the Eagles because if Henley is being honest the band would NOT have reformed and there would be no 40 plus concert tour paychecks. Think about it. Everyone from Irving Azoff & his Companies, the band members themselves, road crew, transportation companies, hotels, merchandise vendors, ticket brokers, etc the list goes on, ALL are benefiting from the Eagles 2017 and 2018 tour.

Of course, not everyone believes Henley and indeed why would we?

"Accept No Substitutes" - Don Henley

Psst ... unless it's Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:37 PM   #462
Dawn
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
You could be right but I feel like he has a lot of fun doing this and loves this opportunity. Even if he prefers hip hop this is great for his own career no matter what he does. I doubt don would beg to Deacon. Iím not sure whoís idea it was first but I find the scenario of Don pleading for a reluctant Deacon to join unlikely. For as much Don loves money, he is near the end of his life. His time is the most important thing. He has limited time with his kids who are still young. I donít think he is willing to just give up all that time in his life just for the sake of money. He must at some level enjoy this or have a deeper reason to do this. Money doesnít help him that much At this point in his life
In addition to multi millions there is an emotional need being satisfied as well.

As for Don, it's called ego.

And,

Feeding the monster they created.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:38 PM   #463
Freypower
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Lots of people are benefiting from Deacon becoming a touring member of the Eagles because if Henley is being honest the band would NOT have reformed and there would be no 40 plus concert tour paychecks. Think about it. Everyone from Irving Azoff & his Companies, the band members themselves, road crew, transportation companies, hotels, merchandise vendors, ticket brokers, etc the list goes on, ALL are benefiting from the Eagles 2017 and 2018 tour.

Of course, not everyone believes Henley and indeed why would we?

"Accept No Substitutes" - Don Henley

Psst ... unless it's Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.
The people who are not benefiting are people like you and me who feel betrayed & hurt that people actually want to pay these obscene prices to see this act knowing that Glenn Frey is not part of it. It's the acquiescence in it that I find so hard to deal with. I thought there would be more resistance on this board if not amongst the general public. How wrong I was.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:40 PM   #464
Dawn
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
The people who are not benefiting are people like you and me who feel betrayed & hurt that people actually want to pay these obscene prices to see this act knowing that Glenn Frey is not part of it. It's the acquiescence in it that I find so hard to deal with. I thought there would be more resistance on this board if not amongst the general public. How wrong I was.
Yes, I find it very troubling as well.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:43 PM   #465
WalshFan88
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
You could be right but I feel like he has a lot of fun doing this and loves this opportunity. Even if he prefers hip hop this is great for his own career no matter what he does. I doubt don would beg to Deacon. Iím not sure whoís idea it was first but I find the scenario of Don pleading for a reluctant Deacon to join unlikely. For as much Don loves money, he is near the end of his life. His time is the most important thing. He has limited time with his kids who are still young. I donít think he is willing to just give up all that time in his life just for the sake of money. He must at some level enjoy this or have a deeper reason to do this. Money doesnít help him that much At this point in his life
I wouldn't be so sure, YEF.

"People don't run out of dreams, people just run out of time."

RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016

WalshFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:18 PM   #466
YoungEaglesFan
Border Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure, YEF.
Iíll easily agree that I could be wrong. I just donít think itís solely money. Don spends a lot of his time doing business stuff. He has stated his desire to travel a couple years with his son. But with his touring that makes it hard. Money is key motivator for him to do this but I just donít thatís the only thing. He could make a lot by selling a lot of stuff in the vault but doesnít because of other reasons. I think itís a few reasons not just one. But I cannot claim to know any of this
YoungEaglesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:20 PM   #467
YoungEaglesFan
Border Rebel

Quote:
In addition to multi millions there is an emotional need being satisfied as well.

As for Don, it's called ego.

And,

Feeding the monster they created.
I donít really see how him continuing builds his ego. Again these guys are old, his living standard wonít increase of this tour. So if he willing to sacrifice that much time there needs to be something else he likes about it. Money helps yes but at this point his relative wealth is intact. Unless he wants more for his kids, more money wonít mean that much to him at this age
Old 12-16-2017, 11:23 PM   #468
YoungEaglesFan
Border Rebel

Iím just curious but had Glenn wanted the band to move on without him with Deacon replacing him, would the anti 3.0 side be ok with this? Or would you think that any group without Glenn calling themselves the Eagles would be wrong?
Old 12-16-2017, 11:44 PM   #469
Dawn
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Iím just curious but had Glenn wanted the band to move on without him with Deacon replacing him, would the anti 3.0 side be ok with this? Or would you think that any group without Glenn calling themselves the Eagles would be wrong?
I can only speak for myself and tell you at this point I don't care to waste my time or energy playing "what if" games.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:48 PM   #470
YoungEaglesFan
Border Rebel

Quote:
I can only speak for myself and tell you at this point I don't care to waste my time or energy playing "what if" games.
Thatís fine Iím just trying to understand if the anti 3.0 group is more motivated by believing Glenn would be against this or that the Eagles canít exist without Glenn.