Page 43 of 145 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    The more that I see the obscene ticket prices for the new lineup, the more toward the 3.0 crowd I feel myself leaning.
    Continuing, that's one thing, but to charge MORE for tickets......I tell you, I am just about done. My wife and I had the discussion last night...even if they come to Knoxville, based on what prices we're seeing, we won't even think about it.
    By charging more, are you saying that Deacon Frey and Vince Gill are worth more money than Glenn? I get that they want to play. I do. I just see the math and it looks worse and worse to me.
    I don’t think it’s the band saying we are worth more without Glenn. I am sure they have some reason but I doubt it’s because they feel are worth more. There are probably some figures they put together and they went off them

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Sorry for your loss TimBFan.
    Thank you WalshFan88 and Chaim. ❤️

Was talking to a friend who saw the Eagles on the HOTE tour and is a serious Vince Gill fan. She feels Vince Gill is all wrong for the Eagles and made the point if it was really all about singing Eagles songs and honoring Glenn Frey he could do that on his own (tour).

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Sorry, I lost my WiFi

Anyway while that is true we both agreed it isn't realistic because of the huge benefits associated with being a touring member of the Eagles especially next year with up to 40 concert paychecks.

When pressed about why she thought he wasn't a "good fit" to use Vince Gill's own sentiments, she said as an Eagles fan she believes he does not measure up and thinks he was brought in primarily to take the pressure off Deacon and enable the band to keep going -->> Classic East/West was quickly coming up.

Edited to add

I am sharing this convo because I assumed as a Vince Gill and Eagles fan my friend would be supportive of the lineup and was very surprised to learn otherwise.
    Last edited by Dawn; 12-14-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Stuck on the Border

I can understand that. It doesn't mean that Vince Gill isn't as good as the Eagles guys - just that he doesn't totally fit in. Extreme fans didn't necessarily love Gary Cherone in Van Halen. G'n'R fans didn't necessarily love Axl Rose in AC/DC. Adam Lambert fans don't necessarily love Adam Lambert in Queen etc.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    The more that I see the obscene ticket prices for the new lineup, the more toward the 3.0 crowd I feel myself leaning.
    Continuing, that's one thing, but to charge MORE for tickets......I tell you, I am just about done. My wife and I had the discussion last night...even if they come to Knoxville, based on what prices we're seeing, we won't even think about it.
    By charging more, are you saying that Deacon Frey and Vince Gill are worth more money than Glenn? I get that they want to play. I do. I just see the math and it looks worse and worse to me.
    BB - We had a discussion about this a few pages back. However, there is too much stuff to keep track of regarding this. I stated I feel Don and Irving are taking advantage of fans who never saw them and are afraid if they don't see them now it will be too late. There is no way these tickets should be more expensive than the HOTE Tour tickets. That tour had 3 of the 4 original Eagles ! There is no way a single ticket is worth $1,640.00. In doing this, they have priced the regular fan out of purchasing tickets. On the Eagles numerous FB fan pages as well as their FB page, a lot of people have complained bitterly about the high prices. I am sorry that you and your wife have been priced out by their greediness. It is really a shame.
    PS- Be glad you don't live in the NJ/NY Metro area. The ticket prices here would truly be insane.
    PS Again - lol - Dawn - Very interesting regarding your friends thoughts. I really do not know too much of anything about Vince. Everything I have read(including here) indicates what a nice guy he is. I look at it this way. He is probably making more money doing this than he has made in a very, very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Sorry, I lost my WiFi

Anyway while that is true we both agreed it isn't realistic because of the huge benefits associated with being a touring member of the Eagles especially next year with up to 40 concert paychecks.

When pressed about why she thought he wasn't a "good fit" to use Vince Gill's own sentiments, she said as an Eagles fan she believes he does not measure up and thinks he was brought in primarily to take the pressure off Deacon and enable the band to keep going-->> Classic East/West was quickly coming up.

Edited to add

I am sharing this convo because I assumed as a Vince Gill and Eagles fan my friend would be supportive of the lineup and was very surprised to learn otherwise.
    I think the bolded part is a major reason Vince was brought in as well. No one knew how Deacon would handle it.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

Yes, that's a very good observation, thanks Chaim. I guess I expected her to feel differently about the marriage because unlike myself she is a super fan of both Gill and the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    I think the bolded part is a major reason Vince was brought in as well. No one knew how Deacon would handle it.
    Yes, it is alot of pressure. However up to the task they believed Deacon to be his first gig out the door was the Classic West, a stadium size concert with 6 bands on the bill.
    Last edited by Dawn; 12-14-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    BB - We had a discussion about this a few pages back. However, there is too much stuff to keep track of regarding this. I stated I feel Don and Irving are taking advantage of fans who never saw them and are afraid if they don't see them now it will be too late. There is no way these tickets should be more expensive than the HOTE Tour tickets. That tour had 3 of the 4 original Eagles ! There is no way a single ticket is worth $1,640.00. In doing this, they have priced the regular fan out of purchasing tickets. On the Eagles numerous FB fan pages as well as their FB page, a lot of people have complained bitterly about the high prices. I am sorry that you and your wife have been priced out by their greediness. It is really a shame.
    PS- Be glad you don't live in the NJ/NY Metro area. The ticket prices here would truly be insane.
    PS Again - lol - Dawn - Very interesting regarding your friends thoughts. I really do not know too much of anything about Vince. Everything I have read(including here) indicates what a nice guy he is. I look at it this way. He is probably making more money doing this than he has made in a very, very long time.
    Yes, I absolutely agree about the ticket prices. It is absurd and I am sorry too.

As for Vince Gill he is clearly very talented and well respected in the industry. I am not a big fan but I do enjoy his music and his duets with his wife Amy Grant are quite good, I have always loved her singing and they make a good team.