Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm sure it wasn't a decision that Stevie made quickly or took lightly, but I'd also say that society too may have been a lot less tolerant of her then than it would be now. She may have had to consider that as well.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh, I know. It makes me cry, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ugh, I gotta stay up until 2:00 am again to watch my girl Stevie. The Indianapolis PBS channel is so lame! But it'll be worth it, I know!

Once again another stellar performance. Stevie rocks! I sure wish they'd shown Beauty and the Beast, though. I guess that's going to be a "bonus feature." DVD already ordered!

I watched her at 10 here. It was another great show. I especially love the haunting sound of Gold Dust Woman--although I admit I am partial to the version where Don sings with her!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I caught it again at 9. My son came in and talked through most of it, so I'm going to have to watch it again. What I did catch was fantastic! I was nearly in tears during Landslide.

I recorded it, but I think I'll have to have the dvd, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I actually DID cry at Landslide!

I was disappointed they cut out the part of Edge of Seventeen where Stevie touches fan's hands, though. I think that is cool to see.

The place I missed Don was during the song "Circle Dance." His voice blends a lot better with Stevie's than Vanessa Carlton's does! But her dancing with Don during GDW is a lot hotter than dancing around Waddy Wachtel. lol

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I was at Wal Mart yesterday and saw Crystal Visions by Stevie Nicks and bought it. It is a great CD, I didn't have any of her solo CDs. There is one question that I have. I went online and tried to find the answer but couldn't.
    In the liner notes she writes about the song Stand Back, "I had just gotten married", I didn't know Stevie was ever married and not husband has ever been mentioned. Does anyone have any info on who and when she was married.

Stevie was very briefly married in 1983 to the widower of her best friend, who had just died. They divorced within months.

It's really a sad situation. Stevie had been best friends with Robin Snyder since high school, and she took Robin with her on Fleetwood Mac tours to keep her company.

In the late seventies, Robin married a man named Kim Anderson. In 1981, however, she learned some devastating news: she had terminal leukemia. Not long afterwards, she also discovered she was pregnant. The doctors told her having the baby would likely kill her, but she refused to have an abortion. She said she wanted to "leave a piece of me behind" through her child.

The doctors were right; Robin died before she could even carry the baby to term. When it became obvious she was at death's door, the doctors performed an emergency C-section, but the baby was three months premature. It was touch-and-go, but the baby miraculously survived; Robin died two days after his birth.

Stevie and Kim grieved together, and Stevie decided she would marry Kim and help him raise Robin's child. She did it with the right intentions, but it was a horrible mistake. She and Kim were from completely different worlds: he was an old-fashioned, religious middle-class man and she was a hedonistic rock star. It fell apart very quickly, and Stevie rarely talks of it. In fact, sometimes she says she was never married.

Interestingly, she became involved with Joe less than a month after her final blowout with Kim.

Don trivia: Stevie says everyone thought she was crazy for getting married to Kim, and a lot of people didn't want to come to the wedding. She called Don to come, and he was so agitated that she was making such a huge mistake that he actually hung up on her. Then, a couple days later, he called her back and said he would come to the wedding for her sake, but he still thought it was a horrible idea. I thought it was sweet that he would be supportive even then.

Another piece of Eagles trivia: Fleetwood Mac played a benefit for the City of Hope, the hospital that cared for Robin, in 1982. Glenn Frey opened with special guest Joe Walsh, and Don Henley performed Leather and Lace with Stevie during Fleetwood Mac's set. It was the only time Glenn, Joe, and Don all performed at the same event in the entire decade.

I have a bootleg of it; it's very moving. Stevie dedicates Landslide to the City of Hope because it "gave us a little more time." She sings the song is a wavering tear-filled voice. Towards the end, she stops singing long enough to say "I know she's here" - and then finishes the song choked with emotion.

Don comes out after that and they do Leather and Lace together, with Fleetwood Mac backing (the only time that's ever happened). She's still struggling but they get through it. On a lighter note, as he comes out, you hear a girl near the taper go "Don Henley - YES!"

I just happen to have both on my hard drive, so I uploaded 'em. Click if you'd like to hear the songs:
    Landslide (City of Hope 1982)
    Leather and Lace - Don Henley with Fleetwood Mac (City of Hope 1982)
    Hmm, I think I'll make this a permanent download on DHO.

Stevie and Robin, in the 70s:

Stevie and Kim, at their wedding:

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    The place I missed Don was during the song "Circle Dance." His voice blends a lot better with Stevie's than Vanessa Carlton's does! But her dancing with Don during GDW is a lot hotter than dancing around Waddy Wachtel. lol
    I didn't care for Circle Dance when I heard Don & Stevie do it, so I was surprised to hear it again on this show, especially since Stevie has such an impressive catalog of her own songs to draw from.

You are absolutely right about her dancing with Don, though.