Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Expando Song Survivor

Default Re: Expando Song Survivor

I gotta go with PM, TF, and EV on this one and vote for One More Mile. For me, the song is just okay. It's not one that I can really get into. Like EV said, it's just too blue grassy for me. As for Ella Jean, I think it's a very sweet song and I really like his vocals on it. The lyrics come from the heart and I think a lot of women would want their man to write something like this for them, I know I would. Btw, although I like Ella Jean and am defending it during this first round, there are others on the album that I like much more and should it survive this round it will be my next choice to vote for.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Jess- I don't care if it is your birthday--YOU ARE WRONG!!

Seriously tho--One thing to consider here also about One More Mile not that it really makes any difference in our little game here--but remember that Timothy must be pretty darn proud of this song because in a lot of the on the air interviews, he has played this song. It might be simply because it would be an easy one to do acoustically but it's also one that he has spoken about quite a bit. Food for thought.

SAVE ONE MORE MILE
    ---FOR AWHILE ANYWAYS!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I'm sorry, but I can't help TBF. I had thought about this game long and hard (that's what she said) prior to it beginning. I will vote from the heart and the song I like least. It is not to say it's a bad song, or I hate it, because I neither true... but one of them has to go... so...

I vote for One More Mile

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm going to join Soda and vote for Melancholy.

I have listened to this album lots and lots and it's the only song that, for the life of me, I can't come up with the melody or words to the song just out of the blue! I'm sure if I had time to play it right now, I would go "Oh yeah, that one!". Many of the other songs get stuck in my head, so Melancholy must be forgettable!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I vote for Compassion. I always skip that song - does not grab me at all (sorry Tim). I can't believe people are voting for One More Mile - that's my favorite.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow Brooke - if you keep this up I'm not gonna be your twin separated at birth anymore!

And tbsf - I'm with you about Compassion. Although I don't skip it yet, it is my least favorite track on the album.

But, I'm still saving my vote to see how this round plays out.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    I have to vote for I Don't Mind. There isn't a song on the album I don't like but this one seems a wee bit mean spirited and negative so its my first choice to go.
    Cami, ya know I luv ya and I'm just playing the game, but I disagree somewhat with your assessment of IDM. I think the peson Timothy is singing about is the one who is mean spirited and negative. Of course, we have to take Timothy's word for it, because we don't know who he's talking about. But we all know somebody who is just so moody you don't like to be around them! At least he ends by saying "any which way that the wind blows you'll be my friend". I think he's got an important message here - don't let all that negativity get to you. Always take the higher road.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I agree PM. In fact, I think the song is an exercise in restraint. I interpret it as him saying "I'm not gonna let your moodiness get to me. I'm just going to smile and wait until you get over your little drama of the day, and I'll still be your friend when it's all over."

When someone is being pissy - biting your head off for no reason, sulking over nothing, overreacting to little stuff - it's hard not to react negatively. The urge to say "Get over yourself" is strong! Unfortunately, this escalates things and causes even more problems. Timothy knows that so he lets it roll off his back. "I don't mind."

From what we know of the band's dynamics, I think this attitude is EASILY applicable to his professional situation with the Eagles!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I will just add my two cents - I LOVE One More Mile and would hate to see it voted off so quickly. My favourite songs on this album are the ones which sound different. OMM has an almost bluesy feel (as oppoosed to 'bluegrass' which some people have mentioned) and I didn't expect that from Tim.

Yeah, I have to go more with the blues than the bluegrass myself when characterizing One More Mile. It has such a catchy hook and it's so different from what you expect to open up a Timothy B. Schmit album. I really do love it so I sure hope it can be saved!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten