Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Trivia

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Tim Trivia

I have a stupid question which proves how non-American I am. Why does he use the initial B? I know this is common in the States but some do it and some don't. I find it even stranger when you get the first initial used. as in J. Edgar Hoover. In Australia we either use the first name, middle name (our former PM Malcolm Fraser's first name was John) or (rarely) both initials.

Julie it's not a stupid question... cause as far as i know there is no one specific answer for that question!

I believe it is simply a personal perference, some people like to use the middle initial some don't.

In Timothy's case it could also be because of his career ...sometimes using a initial makes your name stand out more, makes people notice it!

Stuck on the Border

Maybe he put the B. in there to keep people from calling him Tim Schmit which is kind of rhyme-y. It's sounds odd to say Tim B. Schmit and makes people instead more apt to use Timothy. Just as it sounds odd to say Mike J. Fox -but Michael J. Fox sounds "right". It has "flow".

I've noticed a lot of the doctor's on our staff prefer to use their first initial and their middle name. And most go by their middle name in conversation. Including our resident Timothy look-a-like (aka Timmy doctor) who's name is G. Michael (George Michael), but goes by Mike.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I have a brother who goes by his middle name because he doesn't like his first name. Also his first name is the same as our father's, so again, it minimizes confusion by not having two family members using the same name.

In Timothy's case, I agree with Molly that it's probably just personal preference. I guess it's possible that another member of his family has a similar name, so he uses the 'B' to keep his name distinct. Or maybe he just doesn't want to be called Tim or Timmy, so using the 'B' encourages people to call him Timothy.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

My husband goes by his middle name (always has since birth). Why they called him his middle name, I don't know, but it is a nightmare filling out forms and such. Everyone at his work tries to call him his first name because of the legal stuff you have to fill out, so, he has people at work that call him his first name and he doesn't know who they are talking to! He has finally trained them to call him by his middle name, but it took years.

Moral of the story, parents, don't do this to your child!

My sons initials are TBS, too! And he likes to use his middle initial a lot for some reason. Maybe it's just a TBS thing!

~~~

The highway to freedom is when you start believin."

But you have to give kids a middle name so they know when they are in trouble.

~~~~

You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends,
    After the thrill is gone.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

LOL - that is so true Lissa.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Stuck on the Border

My brother-in-law fluctuates between his first and middle names. My husband doesn't have a middle name! Weird, huh?

I always think it's strange how when I found out Glenn's middle initial was L, I thought 'Lewis'. Spelt that way too. And I was right. I'm a sad case.

It's those psychic Frey-powers you have, Julie.

~

Another neat Tim trivia fact...

His home studio was built over his two car garage!