Page 106 of 148 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    More new Walsh music, this time courtesy of Sheryl Crow.

http://z943radio.com/keith-richards-...yl-crow-album/

Hearing that The Rolling Stones have a new blues album coming out soon, I guess Joe's blues project from a few years back, featuring Mick Jagger (https://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1905820,1905953) is still firmly on the backburner....

Excellent news, Funk 50!

I am disappointed about the blues album, however. I've also followed that story.

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    So Sheryl's got Joe, Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Keith Richards, Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, and even Johnny Cash on her next album!!! Even more excited to hear it.
    This is going to be one heck of an album!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Not really my cup of tea but Crippled Black Phoenix have recorded a cover of Turn To Stone for the new album Bronze. Unusually it's closest to Joe's live version of the song, with the key change. You can listen to it at;
    http://teamrock.com/news/2016-10-11/...-turn-to-stone

That was not a bad rendition, it was actually pretty good. Of course the original is the best. Thanks for the link!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    And, it's a great photo!

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Banned

I'm not sure what this is but it could be interesting

Is anybody familiar with "Better Things"?

Joe Walsh plays a key role in this episode,
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/better-th...023000695.html
    Last edited by Funk 50; 11-05-2016 at 05:18 AM.

Banned

Mark Pucci Media have released more details about Joe's inclusion on John Mayall's forthcoming album.

It's titled Talk About That and it's due for release on January 27th 2017.
    Joe plays on two tracks, The Devil Must Be Laughing and Cards on the Table, both are John Mayall compositions.

http://www.gratefulweb.com/articles/...release-new-cd

“A day before we recorded ‘The Devil Must Be Laughing,’ we got a message through the studio owner that Joe Walsh wanted to come by and possibly play on a track or two as a guest,” recalls Mayall. “Who was I to say no to that idea! So, Joe turned up at noon on the appointed day and with only a quick listen, plugged in and we did the song in one take. The second song closely followed, and with a smile and a quick photo, Joe was done and on his way. What a kick for all of us that day!”

For Joe Walsh, playing on a session with one of his musical heroes also held a special place. “It has been a bucket-list item since 1970 to play with John Mayall,” states Walsh. “John had a run of GREAT British guitarists (one after another) with his ‘Bluesbreakers’ albums, and that’s how many of us in the States became aware of them. Clapton, Peter Green, Mick Taylor - I studied them all for hours and became a much better guitarist as a result. The albums were legendary stuff and I have wanted to work with John for years and years, wondering what it would be like.

“Finally got the chance - and he was the complete gentleman and fine, fine musician I had always hoped he would be. When you meet a hero who helped shape your career – it’s a wonderful feeling to find they’re even cooler than you always thought they were.”

Banned

I've just learnt that Joe has pulled out Friday night's Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards in Japan. I'm very concerned. This is so unlike Joe. He hasn't even mentioned it on his Facebook/Twitter page.

I hope it's nothing more worrying that the Trump effect or a response to the flack he copped when he apologised for backing out of that Veterans show several months ago.

I would've thought it must be something serious for him to miss an opportunity to share a stage with old pals and heroes Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck.... and at such short notice.

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/ente...stage-in-Japan
    Depp will step in to replace former Eagles star Joe Walsh, who has pulled out of the event, telling fans he will be unable to attend.
    Would they postpone The Kennedy Center Honors a second time if Joe was too ill to attend?

Stuck on the Border

Fingers crossed that it's something minor. It might just be that he's been advised not to fly. And no way could I see the Kennedy Honors being postponed a second time - they've learned that people don't always get better and next year it could be something else. Besides, I cannot imagine Don Henley accepting the honour from Donald Trump.