Page 175 of 302 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Thanks Austin & thank you for reminding me about the thread. I'm going to look for it.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Our operations center is having our annual silent auction to raise $ for our Christmas party. So this year I am putting together an EAGLES theme basket. So far it contains a bottle of Peaceful Easy Feeling wine, 2 individual serving bottles of Pink Champagne, 2 Eagles coasters, Felder's Heaven and Hell book and The Very Best of Eagles cd. What food item (s) should I put with it? Any EAGLES related food items that y'all can think of for it?

This is the write up for it..........

Had a bad week at work, too much "Life in the Fast Lane"? "Get Over It"! And if you can't "Take It to the Limit" on your credit card and check into "Hotel California" then "Take it Easy" this weekend with the EAGLES. By Monday you will feel like the "New Kid in Town" with that "Peaceful Easy Feeling".

The auction is in a couple of weeks. So any ideas are appreciated.
    What about is there any food that any of the guys has said they particularly enjoy?
    Can I bid for the basket?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Very cool HB....I remember a while back we had a thread on Eagles-themed food like Heartache Tonight chili and such....not real creative with food (I'm better at eating it than making it ) so I'm gonna leave that one to someone else.
    I think it was a don henley recipe for chilli in a book I think
    Hb. I love it
    Wish I voukd bid too lol

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thanks! When y'all mentioned chili I remembered that Don H. recommended Wick Fowlers 2 alarm chili. I am going to look for that. I may just put some munchies in it like popcorn, pretzels and peanuts unless y'all come up with some more ideas. I do wish I could think of some snacks/foods that the guys like. Start thinking everyone!

Sorry GA & TT - only bids from our employees.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Actually, I'm just south of Louisville! For Louisville, if you're interested in such things, there's the Louisville Slugger museum and factory tour. If you're there on the weekend and young enough to appreciate it, there's 4th Street Live on Friday and Saturday nights, a lot of restaurants and bars and outside entertainment. Of course, there's the Churchill Downs (Kentucky Derby) museum. Lastly, since Kentucky is the bourbon capital of the world, you need to do the bourbon trail. There's the urban bourbon trail in Louisville, and the real distilleries like Jim Beam, Makers Mark, etc.
    Thanks, VA. Never had bourbon. Is it like whisky? Plan to go to a gig in Louisville the night we arrive. Friend tells us there's a steampaddle anniversary too. Do you know what the temperature'll be like in October? Will it be cold at night?

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-backlash.html

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I think depends on what you think 'cold' is! I've only lived here for a little over a year, but I do think it will be a lot cooler than last October. I would expect it to go to the 50's (Fahrenheit) at night time, perhaps colder if you stay out late enough.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I think depends on what you think 'cold' is! I've only lived here for a little over a year, but I do think it will be a lot cooler than last October. I would expect it to go to the 50's (Fahrenheit) at night time, perhaps colder if you stay out late enough.
    Good to know. But 70s during the day, do you think?

SS
    xx

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    Good to know. But 70s during the day, do you think?

SS
    xx
    Not sure when in October you'll be here. It's in the 80's today, and I would expect at least low 80's for another week or so before topping out in the 70's the rest of the month. Here is a good link that goes a week out, just type in the name of the city and state that you want. www.noaa.gov. It's the National Weather Service.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

HB, cute idea! The chili would be great in it. As far as anything else, I don't have a clue though!

ETA: I was off today cleaning my mother's old apartment. Ugh! We got her moved yesterday. Double ugh! She's taking it pretty good and I'm ready to go back to work so I can rest!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Not sure when in October you'll be here. It's in the 80's today, and I would expect at least low 80's for another week or so before topping out in the 70's the rest of the month. Here is a good link that goes a week out, just type in the name of the city and state that you want. www.noaa.gov. It's the National Weather Service.
    Thanks, VA! Will check it out.

SS
    xx