Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Border Desperado

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

There's a new dome in Atlanta, and a new baseball stadium, Suntrust Field.
    That would be a nice Classic SE venue.

I didn't believe a word Irving said on Classic Vinyl a week and a half ago. Like some said, he was probably booking more dates and it looks like he was. Don also confirmed their will be more times. Classic West was too successful to not continue.

I'm going to wait and see more dates to pop up. Atlanta is a 6 hour drive for me from Mississippi, but I don't know if my ankle can handle me driving the 6 hours to Atlanta. I haven't done a long drive trip since January when I saw Don in Texas and I broke my ankle a month later. But I'm happy I could see the Eagles.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Still no word from East Texas Girl. Maybe she and the hubs liked Los Angeles so much they decided to stay!

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post

I'm going to wait and see more dates to pop up. Atlanta is a 6 hour drive for me from Mississippi, but I don't know if my ankle can handle me driving the 6 hours to Atlanta. I haven't done a long drive trip since January when I saw Don in Texas and I broke my ankle a month later. But I'm happy I could see the Eagles.
    These sorts of times are when you should call on all the people who say 'if there's anything I can do for you after your injury'...

(Hope you're better btw!)

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    These sorts of times are when you should call on all the people who say 'if there's anything I can do for you after your injury'...

(Hope you're better btw!)
    LOL SO true, but none of my friends like the Eagles. One of my friends called the Eagles and other artist I listen to, "crazy music."

I'm doing well. I get a little soar when I'm walking or standing too long, but I probably will have that problem forever.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-24-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Shun - Good thoughts coming your way for your ankle. Have you tried soaking your ankle in epsom salt. It helps for my aches and pains.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Still no word from East Texas Girl. Maybe she and the hubs liked Los Angeles so much they decided to stay!
    So sorry it took me so long to post here, but it took me a while to read through these 17 pages and I have been limited on time... I have to say the hubs hated the LA traffic, so I do not think he would stay.

I must say the Classic West was absolutely awesome!!!! I am so glad we got to attend.

Shun, thank you so much for gathering all the information together, it was almost like being there all over again! I really appreciate it!!

When they all appeared on stage it was like, Oh My Gosh, Deacon looks just like 70's Glenn (as you all have already stated)! It was just unreal, present day Eagles with 70's Glenn. It brought tears to my eyes and quite a few other people as well. My daughter was like, Whoa!!!, Deacon is hot! I had told her he was a cute guy, but I guess she had to see it for herself. She immediately started following him on social media (she is the same age as Deacon).
    As I mentioned in Randy's thread, I was heartbroken to learn that he was there and that I had missed him, but so glad he is able to get out and about. If only he had looked up to the top deck, he could have seen me!! I was so glad to learn that Don Henley dedicated TITTL to Randy, that made my day because I was saying it myself and actually missed Don saying it live. I was a little emotional at the moment.
    So glad that Bob Seger was there, that was who I had picked as special guest before it was announced, he was outstanding!
    Must say we had a terrific time and was able to see a few Eagle sites as well.

So glad that you had a big time, ETG! I would love to hear anything the guys said that maybe hasn't been mentioned here, or something funny onstage or in the audience.
    I'm sure Randy waved at you...he thought, "there's that lady that sent me that nice letter!"
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

ETG, thanks for your comments! Glad you had a good time and also got to tour around some!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    So glad that you had a big time, ETG! I would love to hear anything the guys said that maybe hasn't been mentioned here, or something funny onstage or in the audience.
    I'm sure Randy waved at you...he thought, "there's that lady that sent me that nice letter!"
    Thank you FreyFollower, that is so sweet and don't I wish!!
    I can not think of anything off the top of my head that the guys said that hasn't been mentioned here before. But I will think on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    ETG, thanks for your comments! Glad you had a good time and also got to tour around some!
    Thank you Brooke!