Page 41 of 201 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (2016-2020)

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I never made it to one of the infamous third encores but if I did I'm sure I'd want to do it again... and again ... and well ... really what's not to like LOL
    I'd have to have a time machine to do that as an adult, considering I was only 10 or 11 when Long Run was released. LOLOL. But if I had that time machine (or had been born 10 years earlier...), yeah, I don't think.. Well, like Lay's potato chips, one just isn't enough. Heheheh. (and I'd want to be sober. Wouldn't want to miss a thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    So as photobucket is messing me around and asking me to pay money I can't afford right now I've tried postimage (Thanks dreamer!). This is my first image to upload

I feel your pain about Photobucket GA! You might also want to move over your signature image.

Great photo!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    shun posted a link to a picture of Deacon with Old Black in another thread. Immediately, when I saw it, I thought of a photo of Glenn when he was around the same age as Deacon is now. To me, the likeness is stunning, so, I decided to put them side-by-side and post them here ...

BTW - I used postimage.org to post this since the Photobucket fiasco and as you can see, it worked fine. I tried Imgur first, but couldn't figure out how to get it to work.
    The use of Old Black very deliberately recalls Glenn. I would not be surprised if the staging might have been inspired by this photo as well, considering the hair length.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

My goodness, Deacon certainly has the head for his father! Yes Soda, thats next on my list too. I have to see how to resize it first.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Definitely his pose and positioning recalls that picture, and I agree the nose, mouth and eyebrows are identical, his eyes don't look at deep set and can't tell if they blue or brown. Also nice he isn't an exact copy, particularly in his clothing style I wonder if he sounds like his dad when he sings those songs, couldn't tell from those LA benefit concerts
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Stuck on the Border

He has brown eyes and is 6'2" - much taller than Glenn. Guess the height must come from Cindy's side of the family.
    Someone on one of the Eagles FB fan pages confirmed he was "dressed" by the same person who outfitted them for the KCH(they follow the stylist on instagram). I like his jacket too, it really makes old black stand out.

On a side note, I was watching some old videos on you tube a while ago and someone posted(under a false name) that they had been to a 3rd encore party and has a great time. People kept asking questions and she never responded to them. I was like holy crap, someone has finally admitted being at a 3rd encore party! lol

I had also wonder where Deacon got his height from too. Its definitely not from Glenn. LOL I guess Taylor and Otis got Glenn's colored eyes while Deacon got Cindy's colored eyes.

The stylist did a great job with Deacon. I love the jacket and the shoes. I like the dresses Cindy and Taylor had on at the KCH this past December.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

@New Kid: LOL on someone finally admitting to being at a 3rd Encore party. Heheh. If I'd ever been, I'd probably admit it, though. If they were like other after show parties I've heard about from reliable sources, it was mostly a bunch of people milling around, going from hotel room to hotel room, drinking a lot of beer and smoking pot. There were always people who came just because someone invited them. They'd have a beer and leave in a couple of hours, not much worse for wear. The stories are almost always better than the actual event. LOLOLOL. Although some are true.

It's a screen cap, but not a bad one, from Glenn's appearance on Letterman in 1984, singing "Desperado".

Stuck on the Border

Thanks Pippin - I love watching him on DL. JMHO, but I think Glenn sings it almost as good as Don on that show.