Page 87 of 129 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Hi all - I just got back from our California trip this evening. I am so glad that we made this trip to be together with fellow Borderers during this time. I spent most of the day traveling back home so there was a lot of time on the plane to reflect about Glenn, this past year, and our Border gathering this weekend to honor this remarkable man that meant so much to so many people. As Don said so eloquently, it's still hard to imagine the world without Glenn in it even after a year. But as others as said we are so thankful that Glenn left us with his music, which lives on.

I love Bob's tribute song to Glenn. He said he hoped it didn't make Cindy cry, but how could it not. It sure brought tears to my eyes.

And BTW - Thanks to g2686 for posting your story. I loved reading it.

We love you, Glenn and will always honor your memory.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Glenn's friend, Thomas Sullivan, posted the text from his "Sullygram" on his facebook page. He also made an additional comment about Bob Seger:
    Thomas Sullivan Seger’s love of Glenn is sincere, El Tony. I remembering sitting on a touring trunk in some arena back room with them one time and listening to them talk and you could tell Bob was connected heart deep. It’s still unreal, Tony. Saw Cindy (his wife) at the Kennedy Center honors for the Eagles and her face had the same brave smile that marked a couple days in LA after the private memorial. It seems like the music is just paused and the future is still buffering until Glenn steps out of those shadows and into the spotlight again…
    https://www.facebook.com/thomas.sull...36?pnref=story

Stuck on the Border

Glenn's friends continue to play tribute. This is Jack Temchin with a new recording of Part of You, Part of Me.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-cover-w461672

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    -------------

That was very sweet, g. Thanks for sharing and making your first post today.
    Thank you, and thanks to everyone who read and commented on my post. I just had to share my thoughts yesterday.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

I was at work. when my friend messaged me and told me to not log into facebook. and I didn't until I was on a short break. a store full of customers and I had to hold it together. I wont forget that ever. just like Bowie. Glenn was another staple of my childhood. and I miss him dearly.

Thanks from me, too, groupie2868, and all those who have written their thoughts.

I love Tempchin's sweet rendition of "Part of Me, Part of You."

I finally changed the site banners back, slightly modified. I'm not sure if I'm happy with it, but I can always change it again later. I just thought it was time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Rebel

Jack's new version of "Part of Me, Part of Me" is just stunning. I know a lot of people have an issue with his voice, but I think he sings it perfectly in this quiet setting. I love the simplicity of the arrangement and the emotional impact it had on me when I first heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pr...n-frey-w461128

Bob Seger's tribute song to Glenn. It's also available for free on his own website. It's simple, understated, and just beautiful.
    I heard this yesterday, and I completely agree--"simple, understated, and just beautiful."

I've been listening to Glenn's solo material on my iPod. That's how I first got to "know" him, as a solo artist in the 80s, even though I knew he had been in the Eagles and his voice was instantly recognizable to me because of that. But as someone else said upthread, I've learned so much about him this past year. I wish I had appreciated him more when he was alive and that I could have seen him perform solo. Thanks for the music, Glenn.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    Jack's new version of "Part of Me, Part of Me" is just stunning. I know a lot of people have an issue with his voice, but I think he sings it perfectly in this quiet setting. I love the simplicity of the arrangement and the emotional impact it had on me when I first heard it.
    I agree. I think that is the best that I have heard him sing.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

It's lovely.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP