Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Just found out the Eagles music was used or mentioned last night during the season finale of NBC's "The Good Place". I don't watch the show but the recaps showed up in a Google Alert I have for Glenn. The show focuses on another Royal Oak native Kristen Bell whose character is living in some version of heaven or The Good Place. Last night's season finale was a 2 episode one and the Eagles music and references was in episode 12 or the first half of the finale. From what I read it focused another character named Mindy who is actually in The Middle Place, the place between heaven & hell, and she's stuck in the 80s and the only music she can listen to is the Eagles (which she loves) and William Shatner's covers (which she doesn't LOL). I'll have to see if I can watch it on the app or their site as I want to know if they actually used the songs or just mentioned them.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

That sounds really interesting!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Watched the episode of "The Good Place" and it was just spoken about so no actual songs played. But the show is created by one of the former writers for "The Office" and "Parks & Rec", so pretty sure he's an Eagles fan as they had that Eagles ice cream story.

Also an update on the "Girl Meets World" reference as the character Lucas who said his favorite song was "Desperado" is not only from Texas like Don but his last name is Friar. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Out on the Border

Just saw that on Sunday, January 29 at 1:00pm the Eagles will be the focus on Rock Legends on AXS TV.

We just had the TV on golf in the background and the announcer on CBS whispered like they do when they're announcing as the golfer is getting ready to hit the ball "'They stab it with their Steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.' as said by the Eagles in Hotel California." Have no idea what was the golfer was doing besides putting but it was so unexpected that my Mom and I just looked at each other wondering if we actually heard that right. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~

Disney's "Guardians of the Galaxy" animated TV show had an episode of it's 2nd season titled "Lyin' Eyes". Each episode is titled after music from the 70s and 80s fitting how in the comics and movies the Peter Quill character has mix tapes his mom made him of her favorite music before she died. I posted before how the first season actually played Joe's song "Rocky Mountain Way" and the James Gang's "Funk 49". Season 2 is still airing and they just got renewed for a 3rd so there might be more coming.
    ~*Amanda*~

Joe Walsh and the Eagles are mentioned in episode 3 of Big Mouth on Netflix. Quite funny.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    We just had the TV on golf in the background and the announcer on CBS whispered like they do when they're announcing as the golfer is getting ready to hit the ball "'They stab it with their Steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.' as said by the Eagles in Hotel California." Have no idea what was the golfer was doing besides putting but it was so unexpected that my Mom and I just looked at each other wondering if we actually heard that right. LOL
    That's so cool!

I know it's not a TV series but I didn't see where else to post this since the Eagles got a shout out in the movie "Baby Driver". I just watched it today (really liked it too) and came out earlier this year. The moment is Kevin Spacey is having a meeting between his group of robbers (the movie focuses on Ansel Elgerholt's getaway driver) and Jamie Foxx's character is fascinated by Ansel's character always having to listen to music to cover the constant ringing he has in his ears. Kevin, Jon Hamm, and Eliza Gonzales' characters are all fine with this as it doesn't affect his driving. However Jamie think it's a bad sign as another guy he used to work with in his crew would hear certain songs and claimed they were bad omens that meant a death was coming. One of them was "Hotel California" and this comes into play later. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~

The Eagles are the subject of the “Rock Legends” segment airing now on AXS-TV. Nothing new being revealed but it’s still cool to see the old photos and hear familiar history.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...