Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the first CD you ever bought?

Gosh, Julie, you've just listed almost all my favourites as well. Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez is a stunning piece of music, and with Holst, is my favourite 20th century music. We used to sing 'I Vow To Thee My Country' at school, but listening to Jupiter always makes my hair stand on end.
    I also love Bach, Mozart, Schubert, Beethoven and Brahms (especially the Violin Concerto), and Mendelssohn's Nocturne from The Midsummer's Night Suite because my son played it on the French horn for an exam, before he gave up.

TL, sounds like your boyfriend has good taste. I'm sure he could be persuaded to like our guys!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Okay, you guys have got to knock it off! Toonie, you were eleven when Sir Paul put out Broad Street? And Soda, you were watching reruns of the Monkees when you were ten? Sheesh!! I'm going to go take my Geritol and read my AARP magazine..... Maybe Lawrence Welk is on.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions
    Trapped here in this flesh and bone

Z and DF, I watched the Monkees first time round in black and white, and I remember recording Beatles tracks on a reel to reel recorder! Just heading for the stairlift to take me up to bed!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by Z
    Okay, you guys have got to knock it off! Toonie, you were eleven when Sir Paul put out Broad Street?
    No...I wasn't 11, I was only 1 year old, but thats the first LP I bought when I was 11

GEF-he does have good taste, but then also likes a lot of stuff I'm not keen on, he did grow up in the late 70s early 80s so likes punk (not my thing at all), but then he redeems himself by putting on The Small Faces or the Beach Boys or stuff when I'm there

Quote Originally Posted by Toonlass
    Quote Originally Posted by Z
    Okay, you guys have got to knock it off! Toonie, you were eleven when Sir Paul put out Broad Street?
    No...I wasn't 11, I was only 1 year old, but thats the first LP I bought when I was 11
    Great, Toonie! That REALLY made me feel better!!!
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions

Well, if it helps at all, I feel like I have a much older soul....actually one of my friends describes me as 23 going on 50....now do I take that as a compliment????

Lol, TL, I'm nearly 50 and behave like a teenager, so I guess we are about equal!
    Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I took violin lessons from the ages of 11-18, and I always wished I could play those!
    I didn't know you played the violin, Nancy. I'm impressed that you stuck with it. I rebelled as a teenager, mainly because I never got the hang of vibrato and it was excruciating to listen too!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Whenever in doubt, take it as a compliment, Toonie!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Lol, TL, I'm nearly 50 and behave like a teenager, so I guess we are about equal!
    Someone at work was comparing me to another coworker who is a several years younger than me. She said "I can't imagine that other person doing even half the crazy things you do. She acts like an old fart!" Following my own advice, I took that as a compliment.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions

GEF, I turned 50 last fall and I definitely still act like a teenager at times. You are only as old as you feel, right? And most of the time, I feel pretty darn good.

Now, about the Monkees: I watched them the first go-round too, and I had a huge crush on Davy. I was tickled when MTV ran their old episodes back in the 80s. About five years ago, Davy actually came to Birmingham to do a midnight concert on the day after Thanksgiving at our largest mall, The Galleria. I loaded up my van with my daughters, their friends, and several of their moms, and we did the "Thanksgiving Rock & Shop" until the wee hours. I stood in line to get my picture made with Davy while everyone else shopped. He was just as cute in person, and sweet and gracious too, signing autographs and posing for pictures all night long. Great fun!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I took violin lessons from the ages of 11-18, and I always wished I could play those!
    I didn't know you played the violin, Nancy. I'm impressed that you stuck with it. I rebelled as a teenager, mainly because I never got the hang of vibrato and it was excruciating to listen too!
    I stuck with it, but still wasn't that great at it. I often played second fiddle. Always playing the harmony gave me a real appreciation for harmonizing, though, that I think has carried over to my love of Eagles music.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten