Page 120 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Had Glenn Frey not been replaced enabling Henley, TBS and JW to reinvent themselves as the new Eagles all we woud have left is what ... the old unimproved Eagles? Wow.
    He came on the board days after Glenn died and said essentially the same thing - that the Eagles were better off with Glenn dead. He's a troll.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't meaning to counter your post. I agree with it. I was just adding another aspect as to how opinions may be different than some evidence would indicate.
    I'm sorry FreyFollower for misunderstanding. I guess I got defensive as I've been misquoted before and it happened here on this thread not too long ago when I made a comment about the Beatles. I didn't say anything and let it go. Thanks for adding another perspective.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I've read that Glenn said Deacon, looks better, sings better, plays the guitar better than him but doesn't write better songs. So, as long as the new Eagles stick with the songs already written, it sounds like an improvement to me.

Unfairly judging the show from the YouTube clips, Henley looked the weakest link out of the multitude on stage.
    If you put it that way, it may seem like "an improvement" on paper. But in the real world, Glenn is too closely associated with the band and his songs for them to be improved by someone else. IMO. With all due respect to Glenn (and Deacon) I don't know how objective a proud dad can be of his son's skills.

I disagree Henley was the weakest link. His voice was shaky at times when he tried to hit those high notes, but overall I thought he performed well. Joe on the other hand was wobbly on some of his guitar playing and Timothy seemed to be having trouble with his vocals-- he didn't even sing some of his usual background parts. Given the special circumstances I didn't expect perfection at this show but I do expect they will iron out some of these issues as time goes on.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Don Felder references Don Henley's reaction to Joe Walsh singing Eagles songs on Howard Stern... "accept no substitutes" ... pre CLassic East, West and Northwest

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TLXCeWp90Xo

So I just watched a couple videos from the Classic East show.

My opinion remains unchanged, not a surprise but worth saying.

Also, they should have Bob Seger sing Heartache Tonight at every show. I personally don't care for Vince's voice on the rocking songs. Should have had Deacon sing it. HT has Bob Seger's sound all over it and it's a treat to hear him sing it, even though not in this context. I think Vince is better off doing the soft country crooner type stuff and leave the rockers to Deacon, who can deliver.

Then again, Bob has a career of his own to maintain, but then again, so does Vince. But Bob kills it on Heartache Tonight. He should do it in his solo shows.

I probably won't watch the videos from Seattle or Atlanta, but I wanted to listen to East in case I had other opinions, and I did regarding Heartache Tonight.

Border Rebel

I was at the show, and when HT started the screens were showing Don, Vince and Deacon in a row. It looked like they were all singing, but you could hear Don the most. I wasn't sure at first if he was going to take the lead on the song. I thought there were a few places in a couple of songs where Henley's harmonies were almost overpowering Vince on melody. Vince has a softer, sweeter voice than Glenn did so I guess that's the difference. There was one spot -- I think it was in NKIT -- where I thought Vince had stopped singing or forgotten a word because all I could hear was Henley. I guess it's one of those little things they'll need to work out.

Also, on HT, I noticed Vince was looking down most of the time and not playing to the crowd the way Glenn or Bob Seger did. Of course, he has his own style, but I even wondered if he was reading the words from a monitor.

I don't think Vince did a bad job of it by any means, but I think the song needs a little more pizzazz and expression than he gave it.

Those were just my impressions. I could be completely wrong on any of this!
    Last edited by maryc2130; 07-31-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Stuck on the Border

From a recent interview with Joe:
    Do you think the Eagles will more shows than just these two stadium gigs?
    Yeah, I do. I don't think we'll ever tour again, but I think we'll do six shows a year, something like that.
    link

Stuck on the Border

WF - Pretty much how I feel about HT. That song is too rocking for Vince. I also think Deacon should have sang it. I don't expect Bob to follow them around the country to sing the song. I wonder how Joe would sound ?

Mary - I agree with what you have said about the voices/harmony. This is JMHO, but I do not think Vince blends well with Don and Tim. Deacon's voice seems to do better for some reason. As I said before, I don't care for Vince's NKIT & LE. JMHO, but there are certain songs only the original artist can sing and both those songs belonged to Glenn. Vince did a good job on TS. And of course, Randy always owned TITTL, although Vince did a good job on it.

UTW - I guess everyone should prepare for the Classic South in Atlanta and a Classic Midwest in probably Chicago.

Joe's brief conflicting show made me wonder...

Would it be acceptable for the band to tour without Joe, and replace him if need be?

Replace Tim if need be?

Is the Eagles brand bigger than anyone, and the personnel largely irrelevant at this point? Perhaps Even Don? If not, why not?

No judgments. Just asking.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Lightbulb Re: Why I no longer am happy with my favorite band

Well it would seem that several recent posts in this thread have been placed elsewhere. I suppose the rational is that if something is discussed related to say Glenn Frey's playing, it is taken from here and inserted into some other thread that focuses on his playing.
    Seems like micromanaging taken to an extreme if you ask me.
    One wonders if others who feel perplexed about the Eagles for the same reasons I do, if their posts are moved from other threads to this one?

So I guess I will have to keep my thoughts/comments/venting related to my perspective on things not covered in other threads. Considering that would be an arduous task to know what all those positive thread subjects are about, it would be safe to say criticism is one of the few areas not covered on this forum.
    Henley's malcontent attitude for example probably does not have it's own individual thread, but if someone wanted to say how cute he was, I wonder if that post would be moved to a thread about his looks [sarcasm].
    Venting it would seem is one of the few subjects not often covered here, but adulation is in abundance.

Anyway, what prompted me to comment today was a DJ who was pointing out Henley's hypocrisy with the current incarnation of the Eagles in concert. Henley apparently had criticism about Walsh's playing Eagles tunes during his tour. Something akin to "not being the original, so what is the point".
    That sounds like something I heard a while back from him related to Felder. While you can kind of understand his issues with Felder, saying that about Walsh makes no sense.
    So ones wonders how he can fit that round peg in a square hole by making such comments.
    Now I am sure the Henley apologists will disagree, but I also know some Frey fans will think the same way, considering his former pronouncements since Frey's passing, yet Henley doing the opposite now.

`
    `